New aerial... worth it?

Participant count
  • Participant list

DooleyG

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi everyone,

I'm new here (first post) and I'm also pretty new to tinkering around with my car. Forewarning: I'm UK based!

So, I bought a second-hand car almost a year ago and the stereo didn't work, nor did it have an aerial mast. Apparently it fell off. Since I only paid £500 for a well-maintained decent car (Skoda Fabia 2002) I wasn't too fussed.

Fast-forward a year and the silence was driving me crazy! I eventually replaced the stereo with a Kenwood (KDC-361U, if anyone's interested), no problems there. However, I thought I may as well go the whole hog, treat myself and get an aerial mast so I can get my fix of The Archers. Not joking.

However, my question is this: since the aerial mast has been missing for over a year (maybe longer - I don't know) and there is just a hole in the rubber mount where it used to be, is it likely some damage to the wiring/connection will have occurred through weather damage? Or are there protections against this? 

If that's the case I'll keep truckin' with just a CD player/aux. Anything more complicated than replacing the mast, such as fiddling with the wiring loom is out of my league. 

Thanks in advance!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.