What do you Guys do to Normalize Volume Levels on you Music?

Participant count
  • Participant list

johnnyyukon

CarAudio.com Newbie
With Pandora, Spotify, Youtube, purchased and "hard copy" music files, I've noticed it can be a real pain in the ass.  I'm always messing with the EQ and Volume and Bass Boost.

It's not THAT big a deal, but still annoying.

With spotify I definitely opted for the highest quality, 320kbs i believe, not sure what options Pandora Premium has.  And with a stupidly large itunes collection (don't we all have one?) .  File quality is all over the place.

For those songs, I try to run them through a normalizing software, my favorite, though expensive is Mixed in Keys Platinum Notes.4, which uses iZotope's hardcore technology to eliminate clipping, add or remove gain, plus even more advanced options.

But that's how I do it, what you guys do? or you even have this issue?

i used to try to normalize songs, but it really affects the dynamic nature of the music. Also, it can take away alot of the bass and treble, leaving the whole song kind of flatish. So, I don't do that anymore. Ideally the volume is all you should have to worry about, assuming you have your system set up with enough power and good enough speakers.

With Pandora, Spotify, Youtube, purchased and "hard copy" music files, I've noticed it can be a real pain in the ass.  I'm always messing with the EQ and Volume and Bass Boost.

With spotify I definitely opted for the highest quality, 320kbs i believe, not sure what options Pandora Premium has.  And with a stupidly large itunes collection (don't we all have one?) .  File quality is all over the place.

For those songs, I try to run them through a normalizing software, my favorite, though expensive is Mixed in Keys Platinum Notes.4, which uses iZotope's hardcore technology to eliminate clipping, add or remove gain, plus even more advanced options.

do you use your phone for your music source? is it android? are you rooted?

With spotify premium there's a normalize volume function  and i literally dont ever have to worry about adjusting the EQ per song or genre.   Pandora is pure garbage 192kbps and below, mainly 128kbps files with extreme amounts of loss.

With spotify premium there's a normalize volume function  and i literally dont ever have to worry about adjusting the EQ per song or genre.   Pandora is pure garbage 192kbps and below, mainly 128kbps files with extreme amounts of loss.
Yeah you're right,  I've definitely got Spotify on 320 and I don't have to do anything. So I have Pandora premium, is that 192 as well?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.