>> S.O.S << SUBWOOFER SETTINGS!!!???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ali2627

Hey, I have a 10-inch sub and i don't know if the shop that installed it has the right settings. It's connected to my mid speakers with a rca connector or whatever its called. Not the head unit.

Rockford Fosgate P300-10 Punch Powered Loaded 10-Inch Subwoofer Enclosure

See the pic of current settings!

PHASE = *0

INPUT LVL = LOW

GAIN = 95% OUT OF 100%

X-OVER = 90% OUT OF 200%

trash0.jpg

Gain seems like it could be on the high side, but no way to know without measuring.

High level (speaker wire) inputs are commonly in the 5-10v range.  RF does not specify the range for the low vs high setting, but in my experience "hi" usually provides adjustment for something like 2-10v.  Low is generally 0.25-4v or something similar.

With the input level set to low and the gain nearly 100% one could deduce it is set for around 1v if not less when it is likely your source is in the 5+v range.  What that means is you are probably clipping the amp at low to mid volume, and clipping very bad at high volume.  Still just speculation, but it makes sense.

Beyond that - there's not much to worry about.  Crossover's set appx 80hz which is perfectly normal.  A little lower or higher wouldn't make much difference. 

Phase, 0 is the default setting, and is what works best in just about every case.

Gain seems like it could be on the high side, but no way to know without measuring.

High level (speaker wire) inputs are commonly in the 5-10v range.  RF does not specify the range for the low vs high setting, but in my experience "hi" usually provides adjustment for something like 2-10v.  Low is generally 0.25-4v or something similar.

With the input level set to low and the gain nearly 100% one could deduce it is set for around 1v if not less when it is likely your source is in the 5+v range.  What that means is you are probably clipping the amp at low to mid volume, and clipping very bad at high volume.  Still just speculation, but it makes sense.

Beyond that - there's not much to worry about.  Crossover's set appx 80hz which is perfectly normal.  A little lower or higher wouldn't make much difference. 

Phase, 0 is the default setting, and is what works best in just about every case.
Hmm, I'll lower it just a little so the arrow is pointing directly right so like 15 % less. The Adjuster knob in front maxes out really quick hah like at 70% it doesn't make a difference if i turn it to 100

Hmm, I'll lower it just a little so the arrow is pointing directly right so like 15 % less. The Adjuster knob in front maxes out really quick hah like at 70% it doesn't make a difference if i turn it to 100
Np poin tin lowering it unless you know why it was set there. They could have used an O-scope or DD-1 to set it in which case it is accurate.

Do it yourself next time. Might take longer but at least you know the quality of the work done...when you do the work. If they fed off your speaker lines for the sub amp then that might explain the high gain. If it sounds good I'd leave it alone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.