Sound processer for factory radio

King_Czar

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys so I want to upgrade my system with a while keeping my factory radio. I will upgrade my door speakers and a 4 channel anm along with a mono block with some subs. So my friend tells me that in order to do that I need to buy a sound processer that fixed the factory sound signal so it flats it out like an after market radio would. So I'm looking at the jl fix 86 that does that but then of I really want to fine tune my sound I then have to buy what they call the twk 88. That's like $400 each. Is there something out there that does both in 1 device and that is obviously good.

Hey guys so I want to upgrade my system with a while keeping my factory radio. I will upgrade my door speakers and a 4 channel anm along with a mono block with some subs. So my friend tells me that in order to do that I need to buy a sound processer that fixed the factory sound signal so it flats it out like an after market radio would. So I'm looking at the jl fix 86 that does that but then of I really want to fine tune my sound I then have to buy what they call the twk 88. That's like $400 each. Is there something out there that does both in 1 device and that is obviously good.
OEM audio integration, which is what you're asking about, has a number of approaches and I don't believe there is one BEST approach. Each application should be considered individually.

What is the year, make and model of your vehicle? What type of factory audio system does it have?

It's is a 2017 Honda Accord sport. It doesn't not have the premium audio package or anything so the audio is super basic. I like the way the factory dash and everything looks though

Unless you have already committed to separate devices to get this job done right, there is another way. Get your amplifier and sound processor in the same unit. Using AudioControl products would consolidate the adapter from the factory radio audio signal, the signal processor to get flat full range sound out like an aftermarket radio, the signal processing to have fine control over tuning, and the amplifiers.

Does this seem like too much of a change in plans?

I'm working on a similar project now.  I have a FIx 82 and the Vxi 1000/5 AMP in a 2015 Honda Accord Ex-L.  One thing I wlll tell you is that what I have sounds good, but there is a high-pass filter that is part of the factroy system that cuts off the low bass.  In mine it is before the amp and after the radio.  In yours it might be IN the Radio, not sure.  I found a video on the internet that let me cut the filter off from a hidden software menu (which then resets every time you turn off the car) and flattens the EQ.  Man it sounds so much better.  I have a JL 12W6v3 in a custom box and even the Fix cannot restore the missing low end.  It sounds good, but the part of the bass you feel is missing.  When I flatten the EQ it makes an audible difference.  Now I do it every time I drive.

bottom line, your friend is right, you would need something that takes away the factory EQ and time alignment.  But, my personal experience, and I'm not an expert, is that the information deleted by the high pass filter is just gone and you cant get it back.

If you do consider swapping the head unit, you might want to check this out on eBay: Honda Accord 2013-2017 (9th Gen) Stereo install Kit.  In my case I have learned that if I can tap the signal prior to the factory amp in my car I can get a clean signal, so I am going to try to keep the factory radio.  But talk to me in 3 months I might change my mind.

You can see my approach for a 2014 Sport.  I used the VX1000/5i to correct for the factory EQ.  I have a video on the process i need to finish editing before posting.  My build log has the info too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.