2011 Corolla new system questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Golden_Oozarū

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi! New here,

So I just sold my 4 runner so I took out my 12" rockford P2 and Eclipse XA1200 mono amp. Since it's there and I have a 2011 corolla with stock system I thought I would throw it in there. I'm not after massive sound but sound that sounds damn clear and detailed cause I will ne having this vehicle for at least 10 more years. So I'm thinking about buying a 5 channel amp to run new speakers and my P2 sub. Does anyone reccomend any speakers that will work well in a corolla? I'm looking for quality sound, not massive sound haha. I wont be turning my sub all the way up... so far I am looking at :

NVX 5 channel amp JAD900.5

(2) 6.5" JBL GTO Series GTO629 up front

(2) 6"x9"JBL GTO939 in the rear

Pioneer AVH-500EX Reciever

And my p2 sub.

Am I going to excessive? Or does anyone reccomend a better set up for my needs?

Hi! New here,

So I just sold my 4 runner so I took out my 12" rockford P2 and Eclipse XA1200 mono amp. Since it's there and I have a 2011 corolla with stock system I thought I would throw it in there. I'm not after massive sound but sound that sounds damn clear and detailed cause I will ne having this vehicle for at least 10 more years. So I'm thinking about buying a 5 channel amp to run new speakers and my P2 sub. Does anyone reccomend any speakers that will work well in a corolla? I'm looking for quality sound, not massive sound haha. I wont be turning my sub all the way up... so far I am looking at :

NVX 5 channel amp JAD900.5

(2) 6.5" JBL GTO Series GTO629 up front

(2) 6"x9"JBL GTO939 in the rear

Pioneer AVH-500EX Reciever

And my p2 sub.

Am I going to excessive? Or does anyone reccomend a better set up for my needs?
Nothing you listed will work well in a corolla it has horrible sound acoustics. I've had one.  The only thing that can possibly work is an active pioneer head unit (which you have, so make use of it) and a 2 way active front stage setup where you have complete crossover control between the midrange and tweeter.  Speakers in that car tend to have a harsh sibilance peak thats only solvable through having proper control of the blend between mid and tweeter. Not going active will also have you feeling like you have an inadequate mediocre and never enough system.  

I'd get a dedicated subwoofer amp and a 4 channel with a lot more power if you want actual clarity and minimal distortion.  Why a lot of power? Because getting strong midbass in that car is virtually impossible without massive amounts of work. More power also prevents clipping and distortion from an over driven amp..  You also want deadening along with some sheet metal to turn the car door into a proper speaker enclosure. Btw amp i'd say to get is pioneer gm 8604 for a 4 channel.  sub amp https://www.youtube.com/user/bigblank69/videos  Any of the under 100 dollar options is fine.

I'd also try to custom fit an 8 inch midbass or 10 if possible because the lack of midbass in that car is very real. If not then just put a lot of power to a quality 6.5 midrange I'd recommend some silverflute 6.5s https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/silver-flute-woofers-6-7/silver-flute-w17rc38-04-ohm-6-1/2-wool-cone/ (sold individually) and these alpine type X https://www.ebay.com/itm/pair-alpine-HIEND-28MM-dome-car-tweeter-4ohm-50W-vifa-XT25-PK-scanspeak-seas-/222186264721  These drivers are 10x better than the JBLs in terms of performance and build quality.

Those JBLS you listed will sound like tier 1 garbage in comparison to a properly done active setup.   For the rear speakers, leave them stock on head unit power, you really dont want to spend any kind of money, power or focus on the rear speakers as they just destroy the overall sound quality, mainly the soundstage. 

TLDR: Stop looking at sonicelectronix sh*t. buy the tweeters, buy the mids, only do a proper setup up front, fk the rears, focus all power up front, use the network mode of the head unit = massive profit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeffdachef said:
Nothing you listed will work well in a corolla it has horrible sound acoustics. I've had one.  The only thing that can possibly work is an active pioneer head unit (which you have, so make use of it) and a 2 way active front stage setup where you have complete crossover control between the midrange and tweeter.  Speakers in that car tend to have a harsh sibilance peak thats only solvable through having proper control of the blend between mid and tweeter. Not going active will also have you feeling like you have an inadequate mediocre and never enough system.  

I'd get a dedicated subwoofer amp and a 4 channel with a lot more power if you want actual clarity and minimal distortion.  Why a lot of power? Because getting strong midbass in that car is virtually impossible without massive amounts of work. More power also prevents clipping and distortion from an over driven amp..  You also want deadening along with some sheet metal to turn the car door into a proper speaker enclosure. Btw amp i'd say to get is pioneer gm 8604 for a 4 channel.  sub amp https://www.youtube.com/user/bigblank69/videos  Any of the under 100 dollar options is fine.

I'd also try to custom fit an 8 inch midbass or 10 if possible because the lack of midbass in that car is very real. If not then just put a lot of power to a quality 6.5 midrange I'd recommend some silverflute 6.5s https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/silver-flute-woofers-6-7/silver-flute-w17rc38-04-ohm-6-1/2-wool-cone/ (sold individually) and these alpine type X https://www.ebay.com/itm/pair-alpine-HIEND-28MM-dome-car-tweeter-4ohm-50W-vifa-XT25-PK-scanspeak-seas-/222186264721  These drivers are 10x better than the JBLs in terms of performance and build quality.

Those JBLS you listed will sound like tier 1 garbage in comparison to a properly done active setup.   For the rear speakers, leave them stock on head unit power, you really dont want to spend any kind of money, power or focus on the rear speakers as they just destroy the overall sound quality, mainly the soundstage. 

TLDR: Stop looking at sonicelectronix sh*t. buy the tweeters, buy the mids, only do a proper setup up front, fk the rears, focus all power up front, use the network mode of the head unit = massive profit.
So sorry I didnt see this earlier, thank you soo much for your detailed reply!!! I appreacite it very much!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.