Pioneer's New App, Smart Sync, Anyone Have Experience with This?

Participant count
  • Participant list

johnnyyukon

CarAudio.com Newbie
So Best Buy sold and installed me a Pioneer, DEH-S6120BS with the "Smart Sync" app, They're phasing out Pioneer Arc I believe.  So in my experience, Smart Sync seems to have proven pretty stupid.

It keeps crashing on my iPhone everytime I click "OK" at the initial "Caution: don't use app while driving cuz you'll die."    But I had updated my iPhone to ios 12.0 and when I tried to app using my sweet mother's phone, pre-ios 12,  it worked!

So anyway, I've been in contact with Pioneer and they seem to be more clueless than I am.  I'm thinking it's an ios bug and will just have to wait for an update.

No idea if the app is garbage or not, but it sure is easier to adjust things like eq and crossover on the phone than the unit.

So any experience with this would be nice!

So Best Buy sold and installed me a Pioneer, DEH-S6120BS with the "Smart Sync" app, They're phasing out Pioneer Arc I believe.  So in my experience, Smart Sync seems to have proven pretty stupid.

It keeps crashing on my iPhone everytime I click "OK" at the initial "Caution: don't use app while driving cuz you'll die."    But I had updated my iPhone to ios 12.0 and when I tried to app using my sweet mother's phone, pre-ios 12,  it worked!

So anyway, I've been in contact with Pioneer and they seem to be more clueless than I am.  I'm thinking it's an ios bug and will just have to wait for an update.

No idea if the app is garbage or not, but it sure is easier to adjust things like eq and crossover on the phone than the unit.

So any experience with this would be nice!
i had some weird issues with my nex2300 unit when i first got it. crashed many times and didnt even like the usb drive i connected to it causing the entire unit to power down and hard boot. Super annoying. Now, i dont even really use the usb rather option for bluetooth and only resorting to usb when i need (moreso, just want) to use nav and its working quite well. I did get a new phone just before the issues subsided, and they do seem to be correlated

i had some weird issues with my nex2300 unit when i first got it. crashed many times and didnt even like the usb drive i connected to it causing the entire unit to power down and hard boot. Super annoying. Now, i dont even really use the usb rather option for bluetooth and only resorting to usb when i need (moreso, just want) to use nav and its working quite well. I did get a new phone just before the issues subsided, and they do seem to be correlated

Yeah, still not working and still don't know why.  Think it's going to be a waiting game.  There's actually just a few settings I'm interested in (for now) and that's EQ and Crossover because while it is possible to do all that with the unit, it's a pain in the ass.  On top of me adjusting the EQ a lot.   Part of that is that it's very difficult to get consistent quality songs across all of today's music sources;  owned files, mp3, AAC, 128 320kbps, streaming, Pandora, Spotify, etc. etc. etc.  

Yeah, still not working and still don't know why.  Think it's going to be a waiting game.  There's actually just a few settings I'm interested in (for now) and that's EQ and Crossover because while it is possible to do all that with the unit, it's a pain in the ass.  On top of me adjusting the EQ a lot.   Part of that is that it's very difficult to get consistent quality songs across all of today's music sources;  owned files, mp3, AAC, 128 320kbps, streaming, Pandora, Spotify, etc. etc. etc.  
ive got a ton of stuff to work on the deck via bluetooth that i just wasnt sure about. for instance, i use an app called "radio romania" that streams about 70 or so radio stations from... well... youll never guess where LoL and when my phone is connected via BT and i start the app, it plays thru the deck just fine and even shows ID3 tags. I would definitely get a higher model next time im in the market as the 2300 is missing some nice creature comforts that the avhx4500bt had. Ill download the smartsync app and see what i can do with it on my breaks at works today

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.