F-150 Behind the seat 15"

Participant count
  • Participants list

DirtyDuzit

AZ
So I've built a few boxes before.

A 3.5^ ported box for 2 12's.

A 4^ single 15 ported box in the trunk of my old crown vic

A better 5^ single 15 ported box for the same trunk just all around much stronger.

I walled it off eventually with a 10^ box that came up to about 9^ after displacements tuned to ~40hz this for was 2 15's

At the time I was pretty much using the best budget setup I could find at the time a PPI black ice 1800.1 with 2 soundqubed entry level 15's. I loved it had no complaints.

Now I have an 86 F-150 single cab, I had 2 12's in some prefab ported box but the thing was like 1.5^ after displacement and just way too quiet.

I want to put a single 15 on around 2k behind the seat.

Now with the seat in the best position I can put it without being too uncomfortable I can get 11 depth from bottom to top, about 50 inches width. 26 inches in height allows me to see out the back window perfectly, not a 100% necessity but I think with these dimensions I could get 15 working pretty well, I thought maybe the sub would be firing towards the front of the cab on the drivers side and the port could fire upwards on the passenger side.

I haven't been looking at car audio equipment for awhile so I'm not sure on the absolute best bang for your buck equipment but I'm thinking of going with this:

The 2000w audiopipe amp thats about $170

Second level soundqubed 15, I know they're rated at 1200 but with box rise and care I think I should be ok.

I've never used a round port and I don't know how much port volume I need for one of these 15's, using a calculator I'm seeing pretty short lengths like a 6inch port only needing to be 4inches long for 38hz, will this give me enough port volume?

Any advice on a better box design, especially from people who have built one for such a small space. Also if I can pull off getting an 18 in ~4.5-5ft^ with <9" mounting depth that would be wonderful.

Yeah this is with the seat moved all the way up, I'm 6ft but I honestly don't feel uncomfortable like that. 2.2 cubes does sound like about the most you can get without moving the seat up. The truck's not my daily driver but the wife wont let me put a system in our family car.

I wouldn't be opposed to a blowthrough, but I've never heard or seen one in person so it'd be solely done from common sense and the internet.

Blow through is deff the way to go if you don't care about taking up alot of space if not the whole bed. Ive built 3 blow throughs. 2 with 4 12s and one with 2 18s and loved all of them.

No build logs but I might be able to find some pictures.

This was two Fi BTL 18s in a 6th order blow through in a Silverado.

blow2.jpg

Oh man beautiful, I loved the one going through the window. Seems like you know your ****. Think im gunna scrap my original plan and start saving up for a blowthrough.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.