Sign in to follow this  
MattinMO

Is anyone on the forum a Freemason?

Is anyone on the forum a Freemason?  I’m watching this documentary about freemasons on Netflix I’ve always been interested in what exactly it is. My grandpa‘s neighbor was a Shriner and I know in order to be a Shriner you have to be at 3rd° Mason but I never really understood what it was all about until I start watching this documentary. The Midwest hq lodge isn’t .2 miles from my house I drive past it every day. 

My wife doesn’t know about my car audio addiction...shhhh

One of my roommates in college had a boner about becoming a free mason, he went to a few meetings with a friend who was a member. I'm not sure what ever came of it, we graduated and moved in opposite directions and have only loosely been in touch via snapchat. 

giphy.gif

It's basically just a grown up version of a fraternity. Some say even cult like. Definitely not my thing.

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

From watching this documentary it’s basically just a reason to get away from the wife and kids every so often. It’s kind of like being an American legion member without the boozing..,I’m out 

My wife doesn’t know about my car audio addiction...shhhh

I know that they are very selective on who they allow to join. Personality and social status seem to take a high priority. 

giphy.gif

39 minutes ago, MattinMO said:

From watching this documentary it’s basically just a reason to get away from the wife and kids every so often. It’s kind of like being an American legion member without the boozing..,I’m out 

Exactly.

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

22 minutes ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

I know that they are very selective on who they allow to join. Personality and social status seem to take a high priority. 

Yep. They have a image to uphold. Well off Jesus freaks that are popular in the community are there main members.

5 minutes ago, Slo_Ride said:

Yep. They have a image to uphold. Well off Jesus freaks that are popular in the community are there main members.

#nailedit

giphy.gif

On 9/25/2018 at 8:15 PM, Slo_Ride said:

one of my best friends is a mason. he posts pics with him wearing a mason hat from time to time on the facebooks (yes, the facebooks). Very normal guy with a penchant for gun collecting. not religious at all

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

26 minutes ago, youdoofus said:

one of my best friends is a mason. he posts pics with him wearing a mason hat from time to time on the facebooks (yes, the facebooks). Very normal guy with a penchant for gun collecting. not religious at all

There's an exception to every rule.  My post was just a generalization.

Buddy of mine owns his own masonry business. Or am I off here and this is something else?

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in