Which subs?

I just bought a brutal sounds 5k and I'm looking for two 10s or two 12s that can handle the power. Either dual 1 ohm or dual 2ohm. I can get 6k at .5 ohm. My trunk dimensions are 

-HEIGHT: 15

-LENGTH: 37

-DEPTH: 24

I can do two beefy 10s but I think 12s are an option too. What do you guys think?

Here's what I have found...

Orion HCCA 10 D

American Bass HD 10

Sundown SA X 10

DC Audio Level 4 XL 10

Deaf Bonce SA31 10

I'm going to wire to .5 ohm to combat box rise. Brutal Sounds claims their 5k only pulls 240 amps at 1 ohm which is insane if true. Realistically I could get like 6 or 7k from this thing. I'm so stoked but I need subs that can keep up. I'm not sure if these can.

I just built a box for 2 SA12s that is 38x14x21.  

With your dimensions 2 12s will work fine and be better able to handle that kind of power.   

I’d suggest mocking up a box of those dimensions in cardboard to make sure it’ll fit through the trunk opening before committing to a design. 

You are at 5.9 cubes before port or subs that is using 1" mdf which on that power there is no way I go any smaller and still double up the baffle. You will want around 22" of port area per cube. the best I could do was a port 13x5.5 @ 44" long which only leaves you with 3.1 cubic feet for volume. The DC's and the SA's would do okay not sure of the others have not modeled them.

I looked at the problem and made some compromises trying to go with 12's... this turned out pretty good IMHO... I'd go with the XL-12's if it was going in my ride... 6K on this ought to do fine IMO...

8dVqcZ.jpg

If I was trying to get the maximum on 6K with your space... ^^^^ that wouldn't be a bad way to go IMHO

Not a bad result for a collection of compromises... lol

Sure... I looked at an aero but the supposed power and port length made it a doozy. So I went with a slot and as much port area as I could without a 50"+ port. That'd be something I'd trunkwall above if it was mine and should do great, port compression is there but its gonna take a whole buncha power to get there, and it ought to get loud ... thats for sure.. I like those difficult ones... lol

I don't think I can do the two 12s. The height is only 13 inches with the subs facing up or 14.25 with subs on the side. I can def do two tens but don't know if I can find anything that will handle 5 or 6k.

I just bought a brutal sounds 5k and I'm looking for two 10s or two 12s that can handle the power. Either dual 1 ohm or dual 2ohm. I can get 6k at .5 ohm. My trunk dimensions are 

-HEIGHT: 15

-LENGTH: 37

-DEPTH: 24

I can do two beefy 10s but I think 12s are an option too. What do you guys think?
I guess this post was inaccurate then... oh well.

Okay guys here is what I've come up with.

American Bass HD 10 D2 - $254 each

Sundown X 10 D2 - $489 each

DC Level 4xl 10 D1.4 - $450 each

Orion HCCA 10 D2 - $450 each

Out of these which will be the best daily sub and play the lows best? I decided to go with 10s mainly due to size restraints. 

With my diminishions of 37 W 13 H and 24 D that leaves me a little over 5.5 cubes to play with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.