Sat radio - aftermarket HU, stock antenna?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Greetings everyone! Thanks in advance for all your help, I appreciate it already...

I recently got my hands on a 2004 Audi Allroad, and I’m about to replace the stock headunit with a more...capable modern one. I think I have everything else worked out, down to the steering wheel controls, but I can’t seem to figure out the satellite radio situation.

The stock system has sat radio, but nothing else (i.e. no GPS / navigation, as far as I can tell, aside from the compass in the rear view). And it has what appear to be two antenna connections on the back of the head unit. Here’s a shot of the back:

73E6B5F4-0978-4DAE-97CB-48DD688397C8.png

Now, that second antenna connector - the one a little ways in from he left - I don’t think is found on non-sat radio Audi stock units from the same era. This guy:

7312A072-3B24-435A-87B5-1CC82BEFFDAD.png

Since it’s not found on non-sat radio HUs, might that be the input for the satellite radio antenna? If so, does anyone know what it is, what it’s called?

More to the point, can I plug that antenna in to an aftermarket SiriusXM module, plug that module into my shiny new sat radio-ready HU, and have it work? Most likely I’ll need an adapter, I assume, hence why I’d like to know what to call that little orange-ish connector. Is it FAKRA? Or something else?

Thanks again everyone for any and all help you can offer. Cheers!

-Sam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

samwise801

samwise801
Salt Lake City, Utah
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
samwise801