Decided on 8" subs, what would you suggest more power or more subs?

kmu
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Im ready to upgrade my audio system on my Grand Cherokee SUV, Im currently running a  nvx 750 amp with a ported JL 10w3v3 and want more SQL output with 8" subs.

I already bought a NVX 1200.1 which is dynoed at around 1,400 rms but I can always sell it and get the Orion XTR2500.1

What set up will sound louder and get better low end extension if both boxes where tuned low (32 to 34 hz) Im not dead set on subs.

Option 1

Keep the NVX 1200.1 and get 4 subs like the image dynamics IDQ8 wired to 1ohm (200 sq inches of cone area and 1400 rms before impedance raise) 

Option 2

Buy a Orion XTR2500.1 and get 3 SSA F8Ls wired to 1.3 ohms (150 sq inches of cone area and around 2,500 rms before impedance raise)

Thanks in advance

Im ready to upgrade my audio system on my Grand Cherokee SUV, Im currently running a  nvx 750 amp with a ported JL 10w3v3 and want more SQL output with 8" subs.

I already bought a NVX 1200.1 which is dynoed at around 1,400 rms but I can always sell it and get the Orion XTR2500.1

What set up will sound louder and get better low end extension if both boxes where tuned low (32 to 34 hz) Im not dead set on subs.

Option 1

Keep the NVX 1200.1 and get 4 subs like the image dynamics IDQ8 wired to 1ohm (200 sq inches of cone area and 1400 rms before impedance raise) 

Option 2

Buy a Orion XTR2500.1 and get 3 SSA F8Ls wired to 1.3 ohms (150 sq inches of cone area and around 2,500 rms before impedance raise)

Thanks in advance
Id run the XTR and get a pair of A.Bass XFL 10s and run them in 4.0@32htz. be all that jeep could handle to stay together 

I know you've been a little busy lately, but I was curious as to what you had planned for future SSA subs. Anything you'd like to share?
The Dcon replacement is in production now, there is a Gcon replacement in the works, and an updated Zcon in the works.  So lots going on at once.

The entire SSA Store is free shipping with orders over $99 in the lower 48 states.
Awsome, Im on a vacation trip and currently posting here from my phone, I will get back to my computer in a couple of days to make order.

hopefully the sale last until Monday night when I get back home

Thanks

DC Audio m3 8 8" sub in a t-line will get you that SQ your after...

017.jpg

Just placed the order for 3 F8L subs!!!

What flared round port do you guys recommend I should use? I want to order it online 

I want to use the recommended .55 cf enclosure per sub (after displacement)  size and frequency tuned to 33 Hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.