Head Unit antenna wire question ???????????????????????????

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ali2627

Hi! So, im not sure what to do here.

I have an antenna wire (blue) to connect. The car wire harness has a blue wire / the radio kit has a blue wire for an antenna. But i ordered another connector that connects to the radio antenna and that also has a blue wire for the antenna. So what would i connect? I was thinking of just mixing all 3 wires together.

(Head unit wire kit) + (Car wire harness) + (Antenna cable adapter kit)

Here is a link of the antenna cable adapter kit that i think i may? need to connect to the car harness and ingore the head unit harness?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003E3MLB6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If the head unit already had an antenna out why would you buy another adapter. Connect the antenna to the head unit.
The adapter has the connection for the antenna so it can use the OEM harness. And on that harness it has a blue antenna wire but the car wire harness for the radio has a blue wire too for anntenna so it basicly has 2 blue wires and im not sure what to do.

also, add some details about what car youre putting your stuff into in your signature so we dont have to ask. Ive seen you ask this in several posts and i think we are all baffled about what youre looking to accomplish

also this

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-PgrDn6Diyud/p_12040HD10/Metra-40-HD10-Antenna-Adapter.html

This antenna adapter lets you connect an aftermarket receiver to the factory antenna cable in your Honda or Mazda. The adapter has a standard male Motorola plug on one end and a Honda/Mazda antenna jack on the other. 

most importantly, this 

Installation note: A blue wire is attached to the antenna adapter. When installing the adapter, the blue wire should be connected to the antenna turn-on lead of your new car stereo. Please check the stereo's manual for more information. Warranty: 60 days. Includes Crutchfield's 60-Day Total Satisfaction Guarantee.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.