Sign in to follow this  
Ali2627

Head Unit antenna wire question ???????????????????????????

Hi! So, im not sure what to do here.

I have an antenna wire (blue) to connect. The car wire harness has a blue wire / the radio kit has a blue wire for an antenna. But i ordered another connector that connects to the radio antenna and that also has a blue wire for the antenna. So what would i connect? I was thinking of just mixing all 3 wires together.

(Head unit wire kit) + (Car wire harness) + (Antenna cable adapter kit)

Here is a link of the antenna cable adapter kit that i think i may? need to connect to the car harness and ingore the head unit harness?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003E3MLB6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If the head unit already had an antenna out why would you buy another adapter. Connect the antenna to the head unit.

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

4 hours ago, Slo_Ride said:

If the head unit already had an antenna out why would you buy another adapter. Connect the antenna to the head unit.

The adapter has the connection for the antenna so it can use the OEM harness. And on that harness it has a blue antenna wire but the car wire harness for the radio has a blue wire too for anntenna so it basicly has 2 blue wires and im not sure what to do.

On 9/22/2018 at 11:36 PM, Ali2627 said:

The adapter has the connection for the antenna so it can use the OEM harness. And on that harness it has a blue antenna wire but the car wire harness for the radio has a blue wire too for anntenna so it basicly has 2 blue wires and im not sure what to do.

arent those for motorized aeriels?

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

also, add some details about what car youre putting your stuff into in your signature so we dont have to ask. Ive seen you ask this in several posts and i think we are all baffled about what youre looking to accomplish

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

also this

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-PgrDn6Diyud/p_12040HD10/Metra-40-HD10-Antenna-Adapter.html

This antenna adapter lets you connect an aftermarket receiver to the factory antenna cable in your Honda or Mazda. The adapter has a standard male Motorola plug on one end and a Honda/Mazda antenna jack on the other. 

most importantly, this 

Installation note: A blue wire is attached to the antenna adapter. When installing the adapter, the blue wire should be connected to the antenna turn-on lead of your new car stereo. Please check the stereo's manual for more information. Warranty: 60 days. Includes Crutchfield's 60-Day Total Satisfaction Guarantee.

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

30 minutes ago, youdoofus said:

Yep, connect the blue wire on the antenna adapter to the blue wire on the HU. The antennas in hondas are powered on by that blue wire just like an amp turn on.

Edited by geew1z

• HU: Pioneer AVH-Z5800BHS
  • Comp Amp: Old School Crossfire CFA402 100w x 4
  • Sub Amp: Hifonics Zeus ZX7500 500w x 2
  • Front Stage: CDT CL61a Comps
  • No rear fill
  • 12" Old Bazooka sub in sealed box (not those stupid Bazooka tubes) - might go ported with 2 of these
  • Soon to replace that/those ^ sub(s) with an SSD NEO 18 sealed for SPL without port noise :D

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this