Looking to add another Compact powered sub

techman55

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a Sound Ordinance powered 8 inch sub for my car and replaced it with a Cerwin Vega Powered 10 inch and boy what a difference.  It is under the drivers seat.  I am wondering if it would be ok to put the Sound Ordinance under the passengers seat to add even more.  What are the best recommendations?

I have a Sound Ordinance powered 8 inch sub for my car and replaced it with a Cerwin Vega Powered 10 inch and boy what a difference.  It is under the drivers seat.  I am wondering if it would be ok to put the Sound Ordinance under the passengers seat to add even more.  What are the best recommendations?
it would be fine. ADD MOAR WUUUFERS!!!

Yeah that was my thinking.  But I always read that matching subs were best.  I guess it won't matter as there is an on board sub already in the mix.  

Well forgive me for just wanting to add a little bass to my factory system.  It is a lease and I would like that it could be moved from vehicle to vehicle.   Also I do not want to give up storage room and foot space.  So if I am wrong about my choices please explain how I can accomplish those obstacles.

were just not fans of powered subs in general.. any one worth owning coast about as much as an ok amp sub and prefab ported box which would be like 20-100 times louder
Oh and by the way I am looking to experienced car audio enthusiasts that can give me some good advice for what I am looking for.  I just don't want to mismatch components.  

Oh and by the way I am looking to experienced car audio enthusiasts that can give me some good advice for what I am looking for.  I just don't want to mismatch components.  
if u mean not using same brand.. most brands now days have good subs or 1-2 good amps., we know the amps that are ok when the rest of that companies line maybe crap.. so if u have a sundown sa 10" sub u can get sundown 600d or1k amp and it would be great but they cost twice what u could get other amps that are just as good., so most of us don't use same brands for both..  u just have to be sure if u have a sub that is d4 u get amp that does it's rated power at 2ohm, if sub has d2 u get amp that does power at 1ohm.. doing this is better than using 2 different sized and brand subs.. if u ever want to get say a 10-12" sub and put in trunk or whatever come back and we can help u find equipment.. u can pm me on here

Running 2 different speakers with different power and frequency responses will end in cancellation and peaky response.
Now that is the response that I was looking for.  Based on your advice I ordered another Cerwin Vega to put on the other side to match my original.  But do you think that I should turn off the factory sub as well?

Yes turn off the factory sub.
Thanks.  Where would you tap in to a Bose system on a 2017 mazda CX-5.   I already tapped into the rears, but with Bose who knows where they pass frequencies.  It sounds good with both running, just don't know if I would be better off just tapping into the sub line or perhaps the fronts (They actually have the largest speaker in the system).

I dont the know the system specifically for the Mazda but generally the rears are good as they are full range. The problem with using the subwoofer is you don't know what eq they have. chances are they cut the low lows as to not damage the sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.