Help tuning my 125.4 Wolfram amp

Participant count
  • Participants list

L1ttlet

CarAudio.com Regular
So I  have recently upgrade from my jad series 800.4 nvx amp (great amp) to the wolfram a/b 125.4 amp. I was trying to match everything as best I  could to the tuning I  had done on the nvx. Crossover points n such. I have matched the gains the same with both amps using the digital multimeter method and formula   (voltage = square root of desired rms times ohms). Anyways this new amp is different from the previous in tuning crossover frequencies.  It has bandpass settings and just one dial for each channel and hpf and lpf selector. To my understanding. I have depressed the x10 hpf filter and turned dial to about 80hertz for each channel. Does that mean I  am playing 80 hertz and up? Or above 80hertz -8000hertz? So lost with this bandpass filter for each channel. Been researching and can't  find solid answers.  The nvx was way louder than this wolfram amp with gains being the same. I must be doing something wrong with this bandpass dial.

So I  have recently upgrade from my jad series 800.4 nvx amp (great amp) to the wolfram a/b 125.4 amp. I was trying to match everything as best I  could to the tuning I  had done on the nvx. Crossover points n such. I have matched the gains the same with both amps using the digital multimeter method and formula   (voltage = square root of desired rms times ohms). Anyways this new amp is different from the previous in tuning crossover frequencies.  It has bandpass settings and just one dial for each channel and hpf and lpf selector. To my understanding. I have depressed the x10 hpf filter and turned dial to about 80hertz for each channel. Does that mean I  am playing 80 hertz and up? Or above 80hertz -8000hertz? So lost with this bandpass filter for each channel. Been researching and can't  find solid answers.  The nvx was way louder than this wolfram amp with gains being the same. I must be doing something wrong with this bandpass dial.
if you hit the x10 hpf button and turned the dial to 80 hz, it means that youre only allowing 800 hz and up to pass thru

So to have the bandpass full range just hit the hpf x10 and then turn back dial to minimum of 50 hertz x10 which would be 500hertz and up. Really i have no need for it to play anything above 23k hertz. So would I  just put the lpf filter on and turn dial up to just over half way and then everything  below 23k hertz would play and turn up the subsonic to about 120 hertz and it'll play everything above that, right?

throw away the DMM when it comes to mids and highs. Keep everything Full pass and do all the crossover stuff on the head unit. Especially if going active. Amp crossovers are pretty garbage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.