Sign in to follow this  
L1ttlet

Help tuning my 125.4 Wolfram amp

So I  have recently upgrade from my jad series 800.4 nvx amp (great amp) to the wolfram a/b 125.4 amp. I was trying to match everything as best I  could to the tuning I  had done on the nvx. Crossover points n such. I have matched the gains the same with both amps using the digital multimeter method and formula   (voltage = square root of desired rms times ohms). Anyways this new amp is different from the previous in tuning crossover frequencies.  It has bandpass settings and just one dial for each channel and hpf and lpf selector. To my understanding. I have depressed the x10 hpf filter and turned dial to about 80hertz for each channel. Does that mean I  am playing 80 hertz and up? Or above 80hertz -8000hertz? So lost with this bandpass filter for each channel. Been researching and can't  find solid answers.  The nvx was way louder than this wolfram amp with gains being the same. I must be doing something wrong with this bandpass dial.

7 hours ago, L1ttlet said:

So I  have recently upgrade from my jad series 800.4 nvx amp (great amp) to the wolfram a/b 125.4 amp. I was trying to match everything as best I  could to the tuning I  had done on the nvx. Crossover points n such. I have matched the gains the same with both amps using the digital multimeter method and formula   (voltage = square root of desired rms times ohms). Anyways this new amp is different from the previous in tuning crossover frequencies.  It has bandpass settings and just one dial for each channel and hpf and lpf selector. To my understanding. I have depressed the x10 hpf filter and turned dial to about 80hertz for each channel. Does that mean I  am playing 80 hertz and up? Or above 80hertz -8000hertz? So lost with this bandpass filter for each channel. Been researching and can't  find solid answers.  The nvx was way louder than this wolfram amp with gains being the same. I must be doing something wrong with this bandpass dial.

if you hit the x10 hpf button and turned the dial to 80 hz, it means that youre only allowing 800 hz and up to pass thru

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

So to have the bandpass full range just hit the hpf x10 and then turn back dial to minimum of 50 hertz x10 which would be 500hertz and up. Really i have no need for it to play anything above 23k hertz. So would I  just put the lpf filter on and turn dial up to just over half way and then everything  below 23k hertz would play and turn up the subsonic to about 120 hertz and it'll play everything above that, right?

On 9/21/2018 at 12:18 AM, L1ttlet said:

throw away the DMM when it comes to mids and highs. Keep everything Full pass and do all the crossover stuff on the head unit. Especially if going active. Amp crossovers are pretty garbage.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this