HELP S.O.S !!!! WIRE JOB head unit

Participant count
  • Participants list

Ali2627

hey guys question! So i have front right speaker wire + and - that comes from the head unit. but the car harness only has 1 gray wire. Do i connect both + and - into the 1 dash wire? or connect the + to the dash and just connect the - to the black ground wire that the head unit is connected too?

i got more questions later check out the comments !

OPPPS didn't see the wire next on the list !! ok ignore that but next question!!!!

>>> The orange wire for the head unit illumination is available to connect to a wire on the harness but the orange white wire that comes from the head unit has nothing to connect to on the car harness. Note i haven't checked the car wires yet im just comparing it to the car harness i bought so i dont have to cut up my car but what color would it be in a honda? 

Oh geez.. Yup.. Been doing car audio for a bit under 20 years :)
The toobz that bazooka made back in the day were ok in certain cars. My buddy had an 86 mr2 with 2 6.5 tubes and it slammed and another buddy has an 86 iroc with an 8" tube and it hits too, but both of those cabins are almost cheating lol

maybe if they are made with more ridgid material than they used to be. Plus I highly doubt the amplifiers were worth a damn. I had a 1st gen Ridgeline when they first came out and was able to remove the factory sub behind the rear seat, put 2 amps back there, 2 12s under the rear seat. Components up front and a HU and it was badass. If you have to wire up a sub anyway, im not sure the bazooka tubes would be all that much easier and the output would probably be minimal compared to something of equal cost & slightly more effort... But who knows

maybe if they are made with more ridgid material than they used to be. Plus I highly doubt the amplifiers were worth a damn. I had a 1st gen Ridgeline when they first came out and was able to remove the factory sub behind the rear seat, put 2 amps back there, 2 12s under the rear seat. Components up front and a HU and it was badass. If you have to wire up a sub anyway, im not sure the bazooka tubes would be all that much easier and the output would probably be minimal compared to something of equal cost & slightly more effort... But who knows
yeah, i just dont know what could be accomplished with these new drivers and increasingly more efficient and smaller amps. a tube would just be nice for folks who want to be able to take it out for whatever reason and have a molex plug for power/ground/remote turn on. may not be worth it, but like you said, who knows? LoL

yeah, i just dont know what could be accomplished with these new drivers and increasingly more efficient and smaller amps. a tube would just be nice for folks who want to be able to take it out for whatever reason and have a molex plug for power/ground/remote turn on. may not be worth it, but like you said, who knows? LoL
True. Right now I have an outlet on my sub and plugs for my amp channels so I can just unplug it in 2 seconds when I need the space in my SUV. lol. I think the molex or some kind of super easy plug would be a great idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.