Sign in to follow this  
Ali2627

HELP S.O.S !!!! WIRE JOB head unit

hey guys question! So i have front right speaker wire + and - that comes from the head unit. but the car harness only has 1 gray wire. Do i connect both + and - into the 1 dash wire? or connect the + to the dash and just connect the - to the black ground wire that the head unit is connected too?

i got more questions later check out the comments !

OPPPS didn't see the wire next on the list !! ok ignore that but next question!!!!

>>> The orange wire for the head unit illumination is available to connect to a wire on the harness but the orange white wire that comes from the head unit has nothing to connect to on the car harness. Note i haven't checked the car wires yet im just comparing it to the car harness i bought so i dont have to cut up my car but what color would it be in a honda? 

another question i have an antenna kit what do i connect the blue wire too? head unit or the car wire? or both?

using a mesa kit 08 honda and up

did u get this sorted out yet?

• HU: Pioneer AVH-Z5800BHS
  • Comp Amp: Old School Crossfire CFA402 100w x 4
  • Sub Amp: Hifonics Zeus ZX7500 500w x 2
  • Front Stage: CDT CL61a Comps
  • No rear fill
  • 12" Old Bazooka sub in sealed box (not those stupid Bazooka tubes) - might go ported with 2 of these
  • Soon to replace that/those ^ sub(s) with an SSD NEO 18 sealed for SPL without port noise :D

53 minutes ago, geew1z said:

did u get this sorted out yet?

he started a couple threads about this. not uncommon around here for some newbs. the gear in your sig looks like youve been around the block a couple times

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

1 hour ago, youdoofus said:

he started a couple threads about this. not uncommon around here for some newbs. the gear in your sig looks like youve been around the block a couple times

Oh geez.. Yup.. Been doing car audio for a bit under 20 years :)

• No rear fill
  • 12" Old Bazooka sub in sealed box (not those stupid Bazooka tubes) - might go ported with 2 of these
  • Soon to replace that/those ^ sub(s) with an SSD NEO 18 sealed for SPL without port noise :D

18 minutes ago, geew1z said:

Oh geez.. Yup.. Been doing car audio for a bit under 20 years :)

The toobz that bazooka made back in the day were ok in certain cars. My buddy had an 86 mr2 with 2 6.5 tubes and it slammed and another buddy has an 86 iroc with an 8" tube and it hits too, but both of those cabins are almost cheating lol

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

15 minutes ago, youdoofus said:

The toobz that bazooka made back in the day were ok in certain cars. My buddy had an 86 mr2 with 2 6.5 tubes and it slammed and another buddy has an 86 iroc with an 8" tube and it hits too, but both of those cabins are almost cheating lol

I guess everything can serve a purpose in the right air space.. lol

• No rear fill

3 minutes ago, geew1z said:

I guess everything can serve a purpose in the right air space.. lol

ive heard that some folks put them in single cab pickup trucks too, but that has the same advantage as the mr2/fiero/del sol etc etc etc LoL

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

i, for one, would like to see a resurgence of these with the advent of the popularity of the 6.5" subwoofers  for small cab situations

Edited by youdoofus

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

maybe if they are made with more ridgid material than they used to be. Plus I highly doubt the amplifiers were worth a damn. I had a 1st gen Ridgeline when they first came out and was able to remove the factory sub behind the rear seat, put 2 amps back there, 2 12s under the rear seat. Components up front and a HU and it was badass. If you have to wire up a sub anyway, im not sure the bazooka tubes would be all that much easier and the output would probably be minimal compared to something of equal cost & slightly more effort... But who knows

• No rear fill

3 hours ago, geew1z said:

maybe if they are made with more ridgid material than they used to be. Plus I highly doubt the amplifiers were worth a damn. I had a 1st gen Ridgeline when they first came out and was able to remove the factory sub behind the rear seat, put 2 amps back there, 2 12s under the rear seat. Components up front and a HU and it was badass. If you have to wire up a sub anyway, im not sure the bazooka tubes would be all that much easier and the output would probably be minimal compared to something of equal cost & slightly more effort... But who knows

yeah, i just dont know what could be accomplished with these new drivers and increasingly more efficient and smaller amps. a tube would just be nice for folks who want to be able to take it out for whatever reason and have a molex plug for power/ground/remote turn on. may not be worth it, but like you said, who knows? LoL

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

not solved .......................... -.-

currently wired to head unit to car antenna kit 

14 hours ago, youdoofus said:

yeah, i just dont know what could be accomplished with these new drivers and increasingly more efficient and smaller amps. a tube would just be nice for folks who want to be able to take it out for whatever reason and have a molex plug for power/ground/remote turn on. may not be worth it, but like you said, who knows? LoL

True. Right now I have an outlet on my sub and plugs for my amp channels so I can just unplug it in 2 seconds when I need the space in my SUV. lol. I think the molex or some kind of super easy plug would be a great idea.

• No rear fill

13 hours ago, Ali2627 said:

The blue antenna wire just goes to the blue remote turn on wire from the HU.

• No rear fill

1 hour ago, geew1z said:

The blue antenna wire just goes to the blue remote turn on wire from the HU.

14 hours ago, Ali2627 said:

from what i could surmise, the antenna in the fit needs to be told to turn on (which is what the antenna wire from aftermarket headunits does) which would be the only reason a blue antenna wire would be part of the aftermarket kit. It needs a small amount of voltage and both the amp turn on and antenna wires do exactly that. Either should work if connected properly

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

On 9/25/2018 at 6:10 AM, youdoofus said:

from what i could surmise, the antenna in the fit needs to be told to turn on (which is what the antenna wire from aftermarket headunits does) which would be the only reason a blue antenna wire would be part of the aftermarket kit. It needs a small amount of voltage and both the amp turn on and antenna wires do exactly that. Either should work if connected properly

Hmm let me better explain, I have 3 blue wires. 1 from the head unit which im not sure to either connect to the car's harness or the antenna connctor. Basicly there is 2 blue lines but in my OEM head unit it had 2 connections for the blue wires. Ive connected it from head unit to antenna kit connector. The "ST" signal is normal sometimes but it does randomly cut in and out. not sure why 

Edited by Ali2627

1 minute ago, Ali2627 said:

Hmm let me better explain, I have 3 blue wires. 1 from the head unit which im not sure to either connect to the car's harness or the antenna connctor. Basicly there is 2 blue lines but in my OEM head unit it had 2 connections for the blue wires.

id say connect it to the antenna wire. What does the schematic of the deck say its for?

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this