Tuning w/ multimeter

Participant count
  • Participant list

mousepwr

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey everyone.

I was trying to tune my JBL GTX500 using the multi-meter method. I multiplied the rms 350 x the ohms 4 and 1400, the square root of that is 37.41. I was only able to adjust the voltage to about 32v. does this mean the amp is bad? I just got it from Crutchfield.

thanks

That amp surely does rated, and your math appears correct. Not sure what to say? possibly bad amp, idk. Try a different meter, or try your current meter on someone elses amp to rule the meter accuracy out.

I dont care for the new site.. And wtf is the top 15?

THATpurpleKUSH - "Weak voltage from the input source." 

right on lol. i had assumed  OP had HU voltage set to 3/4 volume, and playing a sine wave.. What DB sine wave is the question?? Also,what do the rca volts read? Should be between 2-6 V AC

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be an Alpine deck! I have that amplifiers and it’s awesome. 

Also I hate the new site too and is why I stopped posting here much. I liked the old layout much better. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The head unit is a Pioneere mvh 200ex. Basically then I should keep the subwoofer level all the way up all the time, or just to tune it? 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.