Stingroo
10+ year member

Vehicle : 2000 Buick Century

Location in the vehicle: Trunk - but I do have a fold down rear seat

Space available (Length x Width x Height): (rough measurements) 40x36x19

Subwoofer make and model: FU750 v1 dual 2ohm

Subwoofer Size: 18

Number of Subwoofers: 2

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Probably slot?

What type of music do you like?: A lot of rock/metal and old school rap. I have a pretty big collection of rebassed music too. 

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Both? Mostly music but it would be pretty cool to do 140+

Tuning Freq (Hz): 26-30-ish?

Volume : no idea

Questions: What would you do with the trunk space available to build a box that won't starve these subs and let them play mid 20s to low 30s? Can it even be done? I've never had anything like this before but I'd love to try. 

2 12s would be better for a trunk and have no problem doing 140db+... two 18s won’t fit properly... u would have a rough time even fitting 1 18” in a trunk 

I could wall it, too. Wouldn't really bother me. Was kind of hoping I didn't have to, but yeah.

The FU website says they want 4.5 to 6 ft^3 per sub.  I could definitely fit one in there, but I have two so I might as well. 

I bought 'em used... one is in a 5.4 ft^3 box tuned to 32hz and is pretty awesome but the box is too wide for my trunk and not deep enough. I could make one that would fit, but then I'd have another loose sub sitting there waiting and depressed. lol

So... a 36 x 19 baffle possibly. That's IF it'll go in there (remember that depth as it relates to height will affect what you can get in there, unless you want to build it in-car... lol... I suppose it'll be subs front/side ported towards a quarter panel a 2 18's would take up every inch of baffle width (possibly more... I have not checked). Or side firing subs (rear quarters) /w/ center port... wow... that's a stretch.

I wouldn't waste my time...  Just build a new enclosure for 1 or go with the 2-12's or possibly even 2-15's... IDK... but 2 -18's look un-doable to me realistically.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a new vehicle if you want to use 2 18s, it's not going to happen in a Buick Century.
I agree with Kush... the best I could do will be short on airspace, beat the h*ll out of the trunk lid, have limited port area but should be ok for a 1.5K amp, it'll probably not even go thru the opening as it needs to drop-in and losing the rear deck speakers goes without saying to let the trunk breathe. 

I did try to brace the thing in a way to use a single .75" construction all around, minimize displacements (I ended up with 1.37ft3 total displacements with bracing/port/drivers) I know an round/areo would save volume but I was just playing around... it's Sat.).

What else am I missing here guys?

So much wrong with this one that I don't even wanna post it but here it is... 

zvuk9s.jpg

sm36YD.jpg

Dogpile away boys... I deserve it for even posting this... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd do something like this if I had 2K and a pair of those subs... 

JVMGv5.jpg

I wouldn't even consider doin a pair in a Century trunk... I'd either wall it or find something cheap that'll fit something 15-16ft3 net with some port.

That ^^^^ is pretty much what I'd do and it should do just what you want unless you want it to sound like a it's got a pair of X-18's for example.

An old Suburban maybe?

That won't fit in any trunk I ever heard of.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.