How do you wire dual 10ga to tiny terminal holes?

West1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a pair of SA15's and I was told to shave down each wire till they fit...

Not sure if this is the proper way but I don't like it. Is there a dual + & - adapter that will not pop out of the subs single terminal out there?

I tried to search and google, since I don't know the term of the part, I am getting no where.

Tyvm!

I have a pair of SA15's and I was told to shave down each wire till they fit...

Not sure if this is the proper way but I don't like it. Is there a dual + & - adapter that will not pop out of the subs single terminal out there?

I tried to search and google, since I don't know the term of the part, I am getting no where.

Tyvm!
Not sure about adapters but I used heavy copper SkyHigh 14ga for my Sa-15 and it fits and does just fine on my power... 2Kish

Cost about $15 for 50ft IIRC

I'd just make it work if it was me.

Not sure about adapters but I used heavy copper SkyHigh 14ga for my Sa-15 and it fits and does just fine on my power... 2Kish

Cost about $15 for 50ft IIRC

I'd just make it work if it was me.
Was it one SA or dual SA's?

Wiring one SA should be fine. Wiring 2 in parallel was such a pain in the arse. More so when three wires needed to go into one terminal

I wonder if we can swap out the terminals for some type of dual terminal. That would solve a headache imo.

I had two SAs wired with 12 gauge with some strands cut off. 10 gauge is over kill for SAs. I used 8 gauge on two subs on a 20k amp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you have 40+ft runs of wire all the way up to 10kw rms you can use 10-12 awg just use 1 run per coil. 

there's absolutely no way you're going to need anything bigger than 14 awg for SA's

average power on music is about 10% of what you think it is

Well that's the size I have so I'd like to use what I got. I don't plan on messing with the SA15 wires but I am starting to think things through for a pair of X15's or U-15's. Knowing I will have to deal with that headache, I would like to solve that issue now Lol. I don't have the amp yet but I'll be in the market for 4k (no more than 5k).

Current 10ga is knukonceptz just in case their product is thicker for whatever reason. If buying 12ga would fix it, I'll just buy 12ga.

Well that's the size I have so I'd like to use what I got. I don't plan on messing with the SA15 wires but I am starting to think things through for a pair of X15's or U-15's. Knowing I will have to deal with that headache, I would like to solve that issue now Lol. I don't have the amp yet but I'll be in the market for 4k (no more than 5k).

Current 10ga is knukonceptz just in case their product is thicker for whatever reason. If buying 12ga would fix it, I'll just buy 12ga.
just trim it down then. one run per coil and it'll be overkill

Nothing wrong with overkill.... my E10v3s get stuffed full of 2x 12ga on one side where the jumper runs to the other side  :eek:ffwall:

10ga is like watching "blacked" vids  :banghead:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.