Why send plans?... lol

Participant count
  • Participants list

shredder2

CarAudio.com VIP
Az
Seems the pretty much everytime I send plans to someone they never survive the build...

G1BeB17.jpg

jfJuGWy.jpg

acqx1D4.jpg

This time it was close... added a bit of width (mounting hole concerns) and a 3rd baffle (same thing) so the tune was lowered a coupla Hz but he's apparently happy.

I just wish he'd followed the drawings, but thankfully not a bad result.

Seems the pretty much everytime I send plans to someone they never survive the build...

This time it was close... added a bit of width (mounting hole concerns) and a 3rd baffle (same thing) so the tune was lowered a coupla Hz but he's apparently happy.

I just wish he'd followed the drawings, but thankfully not a bad result.
can you send me some plans that i can also ignore? thatd be great

thumb_that-would-be-great-meme-generator-net-hey-power-if-11140183.png

can you send me some plans that i can also ignore? thatd be great

He ended up around 31hz instead of 33.5hz...  thankfully the port velocities were low with the original design so he'll get full output with the change. I think I got lucky this time but it's not always the case.

One guy added 5" width and tried to modify the port using a calculator then wondered why it sounded like it was tuned differently.... made me wanna cry

Nice build bro.

I have a guy from Offer up that purchased my X10 and he might want a cutout sheet and design. I'll keep you posted, waiting for him to reply.

I hope you're charging $ for these designs.
That's the thing... sometimes they offer, sometimes not... I just leave it up to goodwill. And usually they offer up-front or suprise me ($100 for a dual X-8 underseat design?.. wow... it WAS a "B" BTW).

Once I redo and examine someone's design multiple times or for multiple vehicles without compensation it get's to be a pain, so I have cut-off someone before (you know who you are) but really... I'm just trying to assist.

I'm currently unemployed so anything helps man and most realize that... well, usually.

That's the thing... sometimes they offer, sometimes not... I just leave it up to goodwill. And usually they offer up-front or suprise me ($100 for a dual X-8 underseat design?.. wow... it WAS a "B" BTW).

Once I redo and examine someone's design multiple times or for multiple vehicles without compensation it get's to be a pain, so I have cut-off someone before (you know who you are) but really... I'm just trying to assist.

I'm currently unemployed so anything helps man and most realize that... well, usually.
If I was you I would charge a mandatory fee, especially if you are putting a good amount of time into it and making revisions. 

If I was you I would charge a mandatory fee, especially if you are putting a good amount of time into it and making revisions. 
Nailed down a job finally today... I start dark and early tomorrow. I might be doing a little less designing as my time is more occupied now, so maybe charging is gonna happen... we'll see.

Time to start saving some $ for another Sa and alt to finish the Honda. (cool weather is coming... yay!..  it's Phx)

"Revisions" are bad enough... it's communicating the issues over the internet. Jeez... It's as simple as semantics sometimes... lol... That can be a headache for sure and I did 5 designs (different vehicles/configurations) for 1 guy before I realized... he raved about the results to me but no compensation either (I'm really embarrassed/pissed about that).

I'm sure I'll be around... probably not as much after today

Last edited by a moderator:
Nailed down a job finally today... I start dark and early tomorrow. I might be doing a little less designing as my time is more occupied now, so maybe charging is gonna happen... we'll see.

Time to start saving some $ for another Sa and alt to finish the Honda. (cool weather is coming... yay!..  it's Phx)

"Revisions" are bad enough... it's communicating the issues over the internet. Jeez... It's as simple as semantics sometimes... lol... That can be a headache for sure and I did 5 designs (different vehicles/configurations) for 1 guy before I realized... he raved about the results to me but no compensation either (I'm really embarrassed/pissed about that).

I'm sure I'll be around... probably not as much after today
You are dealing with complete morons. This is why I only design and make boxes for myself and sell them off locally. I hate dealing with "customers" lol

You are dealing with complete morons. This is why I only design and make boxes for myself and sell them off locally. I hate dealing with "customers" lol
Sometimes I get lucky and all the parts get put in (45's, bracing. .. etc)

Little things are big deals when designing/building sometimes and people don't understand how it affects airflow and volume/tuning.

That box above turned out pretty good as he actually increased port area fractionally (1/4") along with overall width.

4ft3 net @ 34hz turned into 4.45 @ 32hz by my estimation. 

3k ought to get down now... he said it's a big difference from the Skar recommendations. (Lower/louder)

Personally I'd say it was mostly the configuration/placement... with the other box he had the subs up/port firing sideways before I think.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.