Replaced a stitched subwoofer surround

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
 So I have a sundown sa12 that the surround is damaged beyond patching and it stitched I contact at sundown to see if they have some type of replacement surround available I’ve also looked around and seeing what might work for the sub as in when he ever replace just the surround on a stitched to surround sub? Obviously I won’t be able to stitch the new surround in which is fine as long as it stays together 

Last edited by a moderator:
 So I have a sundown sa12 that the surround is damaged beyond patching and it stitched I contact at sundown to see if they have some type of replacement surround available I’ve also looked around and seeing what might work for the sub as in when he ever replace just the surround on a stitched to surround sub? Obviously I won’t be able to stitch the new surround in which is fine as long as it stays together 
Sounds like you need to recone it.

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/sundown-audio/243714-sundown-drop-kit-prices-updated-11-3-16-a.html

This thread is worthless without pics. Just because you have a stitched surround doesn't mean it can't be fix but I'm not gonna sit here and guess what the damage looks like.

This thread is worthless without pics. Just because you have a stitched surround doesn't mean it can't be fix but I'm not gonna sit here and guess what the damage looks like.
 What difference does it make what the damage looks like it’s got to be replaced. from rubbing up against the seat and a truck and there’s  pieces of rubber missing from crumbling from rubbing against the seat. Got sub from a friend for the free. It was still thumping and he had no idea what he had done to the sub until he flipped his seat forward to swap amps 

7F8927E7-037F-42C4-8101-2B1422B70EF6.jpeg

What difference does it make what the damage looks like it’s got to be replaced. from rubbing up against the seat and a truck and there’s  pieces of rubber missing from crumbling from rubbing against the seat. Got sub from a friend for the free. It was still thumping and he had no idea what he had done to the sub until he flipped his seat forward to swap amps 

View attachment 1305
Because it's impossible for someone over the internet to just guess if it can be fixed. It's hard enough just seeing pics. Without, come on bro. Didn't know if it was a small tear or what. Butt fukk. That's pretty rough. I'd fix it. It's just foam glued to two more solid surfaces. I don't know how smart you are, but I could fix that. 

Because it's impossible for someone over the internet to just guess if it can be fixed. It's hard enough just seeing pics. Without, come on bro. Didn't know if it was a small tear or what. Butt fukk. That's pretty rough. I'd fix it. It's just foam glued to two more solid surfaces. I don't know how smart you are, but I could fix that. 
I’ve had to replace quite a few jl shitty foam surrounds so shouldn’t be much different other then having to take out the stitches 

Sundown had a yard sale where they were selling surrounds, spiders, coils, caps and everything for people to build their own drop ins. Im sure Dave leib can hook you up with just a surround.  I personally would just get a drop in with an american coil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sundown had a yard sale where they were selling surrounds, spiders, coils, caps and everything for people to build their own drop ins. Im sure Dave leib can hook you up with just a surround.  I personally would just get a drop in with an american coil.
Agree. But I also know where Op is coming from. I would use duct tape.Thor's Hammers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.