Wow!! Thought my sound system in Baby II would need repair!

Participant count
  • Participant list

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
Missouri
I got a red Warning tag on Baby II out front that my plates were expired and when I drove her down to Bel Nor to see what was up the other day, all that was running was one of my two Alpine amps, and not the big one running the sub! All I was hearing was my two PHD 5.25"ers and their tweeters up front!! Which sound great but naked without the support of the four 6x9s and the 12" sub!

So I lulled Baby II into the three car garage out back, slid the carpeted 4x8 foot sheet of 3/4" ply back to get access to the stereo equipment pits, turned on the stereo gear and it all lit up! So I decided to try checking the two fuses in the back of the big amp, could not pull one out my hand but my tweaking make the amp work OK!! Sub and all!!

Whew! Back to sounding GREAT!! The two PHDs really bring out the "front stage" nicely! :)

John Kuthe...

wow if your car was in california with expired plates, your car would be towed on the spot! No warning. Then the tow people will jack your equipment and say it was someone else. Consider yourself lucky. 

Sweet, glad you got everything working again. No reason to let your tags expire though. Missouri plates for an 06 are cheap, now you've got to pay a penalty. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.