Subs and amp randomly quit

Participant count
  • Participants list

Joestephan

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I recently had subs and amp installed and everything was working fine when it just went silent. The music wasn’t loud so I know it wasn’t blown and then the next day they worked again for about a hour and then quit again. Any clue what’s wrong?

Check all your supply wiring and ground wiring and remote wire.check all your RCA connections..get your alternator bench tested..get your battery bench tested.Check all your fuses and block connections.Pull your sub or subs and check the connections..Check your coils on each sub unwired from the amplifier and independently with a DMM. That would be a start for you.

List you amp, subs, vehicle, and electrical upgrades. Probably clipping it to hell and the amp is shutting down to keep from blowing. Once it cools off it works again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.