My first real system

Participant count
  • Participant list

Navy1527

CarAudio.com Newbie
Merica
Hello all,

I've been out of the "game" for about nine years now. My loudest system was a DD 9515 on a mcd1500 in a 4 cubes tuned to 40 HZ's. My new system will comprise of:

2008-12 Tahoe...Pending 

Four DD 9918's SC..Purchased on 9/14/18 

Two Banda 8001's...Pending 

Two High output alt...Pending

Enclosure...Pending

Lots of sound deadening

Two-Three 6.5 component speakers

Tons of Batteries 

Crap load of 0/1 AWG

Get a taramps bass 15k. I like Banda, but the newer taramps are better and .5 stable. 

Lithiums/caps instead of batteries. Two HO alts and 6-8 banks of caps will get you little to no voltage drop. Ask me how I know. 1 80ah lithium will do about the same

I guess I've been out the game too long. Are the Lithium caps the same as capacitor's??

And are the Taramps good for subs??

I guess I've been out the game too long. Are the Lithium caps the same as capacitor's??

And are the Taramps good for subs??
Lithium batteries and caps are two different things.

JY Power makes good lithium batteries, and maxwell or xs power make good ultracapacitor banks. About $1-2k for the right amount of each.

The Taramps Bass series is badass for subs. They're one of the first of the taramps lines designed for it. You can get a 12k for around 1100 and a 15k for 1600. They do rated power all day and they're about half the size of a 8-10k korean surfboard amp. 

Thanks man I think I'm gonna check out Taramps and Lithium batteries. Now if I could only find a box builder ?

Last edited by a moderator:
**** I have 2 alts and 2 55 agm's with 1 bank of caps and I have to be clipping at idle to drop below 13v lol I clamp around 7k with 800a of current draw

When I put in another 2-3 banks of caps I doubt I'll have any drop

Last edited by a moderator:
Subs are on the way ?

IMG_2699.JPG

IMG_2700.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG

IMG_2702.JPG

IMG_2703.JPG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.