amp ideas?

Participant count
  • Participants list

ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
i placed my amps on the backside of my back seats and then sooner or later it started to come off because my suspension plus the roads here it just destroyed my backseat cover things and would rip the amps off now my back seats are sitting down which exposes them to whoever who looks through my windows 

just curious if anyone can send pics of their setup or how their amps are set up on makeshift racks or on their back seats etc

wanting to build an amp rack but downside is i would prob build it behind my sub and box sense it takes up most of my trunk width wise and i actually want some trunk space for some groceries etc 

i have a mazda 6 2006

i placed my amps on the backside of my back seats and then sooner or later it started to come off because my suspension plus the roads here it just destroyed my backseat cover things and would rip the amps off now my back seats are sitting down which exposes them to whoever who looks through my windows 

just curious if anyone can send pics of their setup or how their amps are set up on makeshift racks or on their back seats etc

wanting to build an amp rack but downside is i would prob build it behind my sub and box sense it takes up most of my trunk width wise and i actually want some trunk space for some groceries etc 

i have a mazda 6 2006
two words, false floor

20180909_144605.jpg

20180909_144532.jpg

Considering heat rises I always try,whenever possible,to  mount my amps flat so the board gets equal heat distribution and using an external fan is a good idea. I like the Pac fans they're quite and put out a decent amount of air.

Nice set up jrsmoothee.

Considering heat rises I always try,whenever possible,to  mount my amps flat so the board gets equal heat distribution and using an external fan is a good idea. I like the Pac fans they're quite and put out a decent amount of air.

Nice set up jrsmoothee.

thanks.... there is about a 1" gap at the front of the amps, seems to be working nicely, however the fan is little loud....i have to disconnect when i tune with my RTA or i will pick up unwanted readings

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks.... there is about a 1" gap at the front of the amps, seems to be working nicely, however the fan is little loud....i have to disconnect when i tune with my RTA or i will pick up unwanted readings
What kind of fan is it? I've got 2 of the Pac fans in 2 different vehicles only time I can hear them is when I have the volume almost all the way down. 1 day my woman came home for lunch and said there's something wrong with my eq it sounds bad. I went out to check it out and there was a McDonald's bag on the floor board touching the fan lol. She pretty much only knows about the volume knob. Other then that she's never complained about it being loud. It's under the passenger seat.

I'm sure that rta is pretty sensitive. 

yup.... i need more port area though, but i never usually crank it up much...zapco on the right is running my morel tempo ultra 6x9 component woofers and zapco on left is running the tweets...HU Alpine ilx-207

20180909_144814.jpg

If you want to keep your amps on the back of the seats and not have to relocate them/ and the wiring and Rcas, ect.. Just buy some 1/2" plywood and cut to form the back seats and screw those to the seats(cover, paint, carpet? whatever finish you desire) and either drill holes or a single slot and run your wiring through to reattatch your connections and RCAs..to a custom finish.You can spend very little money doing this or quite a bit depending on your finished ideas. I did a 92 Integra with 1/2" plywood finished with Flexstone paint.turned out nice

I like and use Stinger Scroll fans myself.Plenty of CFMs Ive always placed on raised sub amps/amps. I got all my chits pulled atm. Looking at getting a Surburb to do another build next summer.these have always ran fine and serve well. The box style Ive seen @100+ CFMs for less $, but a PITA for me to mount and ugly in my opinion

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stinger-SGJ78-Car-Stereo-12-Volt-8-1-4-Inch-Cross-Flow-Amplifier-Amp-Cooling-Fan/401071129948?epid=24016322255&hash=item5d61b3c55c:g:zi0AAOSwdSRZ72Xc&vxp=mtr

105CFM. I dont think they are that loud myself.As stated..you hear it when volume is down really low or all way down. But of course depends on how close you are to it

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16881_Stinger-SGJ34.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.