Wiring harness for 2007 Ford Focus

Participant count
  • Participant list

TaiMooshy

CarAudio.com Newbie
  I didn't find anything through the search so I figured I'd ask.  My factory deck in my car no longer works so I bought a Pioneer DEH-S4000BT to replace it with.  I've googled what wire harness I need to install this new deck (I've never installed one before) and I found probably 3 different ones that all say that they're what I need.  I ended up getting a Scosche FD23B but I don't understand how that helps connect the new unit to my car.  The plug won't fit in anyway shape or form to the Pioneer.  Does anyone know what harness will get this new deck hooked up to my wiring?  Thank you

the harness you buy plugs into the factory harness that used to connect to the factory radio.  it does not plug into the Pioneer.  you need to make connections between the new radio (Pioneer) and the harness.  those wire colors are the same so matching them up is sufficient.  when making connections, crimp connectors are ok, and need to be done with proper tools.  solder and then heat shrink is awesome, but unlikely you'll have those tools.  avoid just twisting and taping.

Thanks for the reply.  I guess what I'm not seeing is how I get plugs that will fit into the Pioneer.  The plugs on the existing harness don't match and the one I bought don't match either.  So say I cut off the old plugs and replace it with the new one, it still won't match in any way to how the back of the Pioneer is laid out.  That's the part where I'm confused.  I have no problem spicing wires but so far I see nothing that gets the new deck connecting to my car.  I can't even find any tuts on YouTube that will explain it.  Perhaps I should call Pioneer themselves?  Or am I just missing something and making it more complex than it needs to be?

The headunit will come with a plug that has colored wires not connected to anything. The plug you buy for you car will plug into the cars harness and also have colored wires. You wire the colors to each other from the plug you bought coming from the car harness to the plug that comes with the headunit. 

headunit.jpg

Please slap me.  I understand now.  The reason it didn't make sense to me is because I never saw the plug that I have to wire in that connects to the back of the head unit.  I opened the box up again now after you said that and it was stuck still inside of some of the box packaging.  Thank you to both of you.  This can be closed.

Please slap me.  I understand now.  The reason it didn't make sense to me is because I never saw the plug that I have to wire in that connects to the back of the head unit.  I opened the box up again now after you said that and it was stuck still inside of some of the box packaging.  Thank you to both of you.  This can be closed.
It happens lol. No problem good luck with your new headunit. ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.