Help With Alpine Gain!

Participant count
  • Participant list

SoCaL081
10+ year member

Hey everyone I recently got a Alpine mrp-m500 amp to match and power my 12" Eclipse SW8122DVC sub but anyways...i was setting the gain to the amp while using a multimeter trying to reach rhe 31.6v for 500w rms @ 2ohms and it would read low ac volts maxed out and only got to the number by turning up the bass eq up quite a bit. My headunit has 4v preouts and the alpine amp has a max of 4v so do i just max out the gain?

You need the sub volume control maxed out at +15 and volume at 33/35 which is the max level before clipping in order to be near 4v.  Gain shouldn't be turned up that much 1/3 at the most I would think. 

Hey everyone I recently got a Alpine mrp-m500 amp to match and power my 12" Eclipse SW8122DVC sub but anyways...i was setting the gain to the amp while using a multimeter trying to reach rhe 31.6v for 500w rms @ 2ohms and it would read low ac volts maxed out and only got to the number by turning up the bass eq up quite a bit. My headunit has 4v preouts and the alpine amp has a max of 4v so do i just max out the gain?
as stated in the post before mine, when your deck volume is almost maxed out is only when itll produce 4v output, and if your amp has a max of 4v in, then your gain should be down pretty low if you turn your deck volumes up that high on the regular. it is dependent on where the highest number you ever turn your volume to is

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SoCaL081

10+ year member
SoCaL081
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
SoCaL081