Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
West1

Fiberglass List

Recommended Posts

I'm planning my first DIY door panel and need to double check I have everything correct. Or if you have a better link to something, pls post :)

 

1gl resin

http://fiberglasssite.com/polyester-resin/

 

1.5oz cloth

http://fiberglasssite.com/1-5-oz-cloth/

 

Filler

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/rage-gold-3549/chemicals---fluids-16461/paint---body-repair-16614/fillers---plastic--fiberglass---metal-17765/7ed7638dcf93/evercoat-rage-gold-body-filler/112/4299714

 

Ponte Fabric

(no link, going to local fabric store)

 

Already have-

120, 220, 320 grit sandpaper

GLue gun

stapler

dremel

gloves

stir sticks

cheap brushes

face mask

wood

 

Anything I need to add to my list of Buys?

 

Tyvm all

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, West1 said:

I'm planning my first DIY door panel and need to double check I have everything correct. Or if you have a better link to something, pls post :)

 

1gl resin

http://fiberglasssite.com/polyester-resin/

 

1.5oz cloth

http://fiberglasssite.com/1-5-oz-cloth/

 

Filler

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/rage-gold-3549/chemicals---fluids-16461/paint---body-repair-16614/fillers---plastic--fiberglass---metal-17765/7ed7638dcf93/evercoat-rage-gold-body-filler/112/4299714

 

Ponte Fabric

(no link, going to local fabric store)

 

Already have-

120, 220, 320 grit sandpaper

GLue gun

stapler

dremel

gloves

stir sticks

cheap brushes

face mask

wood

 

Anything I need to add to my list of Buys?

 

Tyvm all

 

 

i see a distinct lack of beer on your list... add beer to your list, otherwise it looks fine

  • Haha 1

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely add lots of beer to the list. You will need it to wash the fiberglass dust away.  

Only thing I can think of that isn't on your list is some 40 grit or 80 grit sand paper. Use this to rough the panels up for your next coat of fiberglass. 

Take your time and don't rush it and remember to take lots of pics. We all like pictures.   

Good luck with your project  

  • Thanks 1

car 1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

47 minutes ago, youdoofus said:

i see a distinct lack of beer on your list... add beer to your list, otherwise it looks fine

LOL

28 minutes ago, sherwood71 said:

 

Definitely add lots of beer to the list. You will need it to wash the fiberglass dust away.  

Only thing I can think of that isn't on your list is some 40 grit or 80 grit sand paper. Use this to rough the panels up for your next coat of fiberglass. 

Take your time and don't rush it and remember to take lots of pics. We all like pictures.   

Good luck with your project  

haha. Sounds good, I'll grab that today. I did notice I left out the wood dowels, jig and Modelo Especial :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, West1 said:

 

 

LOL

haha. Sounds good, I'll grab that today. I did notice I left out the wood dowels, jig and Modelo Especial :) 

 

also could do with mdf for rings


2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, youdoofus said:

also could do with mdf for rings

Yeah, I plan to hit up Home Depot and check out the discounted wood section. I should be able to find a solid piece of wood for 2.00 :) (MDF will be backup)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure you use a respirator with N95 rating. A cheap dust mask won't cut it. 


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

Make sure you use a respirator with N95 rating. A cheap dust mask won't cut it. 

This. And you'll need to continue stepping to a finer sandpaper for a smooth finished product. 


Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sherwood71 said:

Definitely add lots of beer to the list. You will need it to wash the fiberglass dust away.  

Only thing I can think of that isn't on your list is some 40 grit or 80 grit sand paper. Use this to rough the panels up for your next coat of fiberglass. 

Take your time and don't rush it and remember to take lots of pics. We all like pictures.   

Good luck with your project  

+1

pic.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AddicLee said:

+1

pic.png

Will you just f uck off and die already?


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 3:44 AM, sherwood71 said:

Phuck Off!!!

why dont the admins step in and ban these bots?


2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late to the party here, but if you haven't ordered, shop around at US Composites.  I've had good experiences ordering supplies from them.

Also you're missing acetone from your list.  You will absolutely want that to clean up.  Might also want to add some blue painter's tape if you need to mask off anything.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's free & easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×