Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Navy1527

CarAudio.com Newbie
Merica
Hello all,

My sub setup for my new build is two DD9918's or two FI Omega 18's. The amps will be two Banda Viking 8002's or one Banda Viking 15k. I have concerns that 8krms may be a little too much for the subs. The subs would be in my daily driver but I won't ride around full tilt 24/7. 

I have 4 team AAs and they handle two taramps 15ks just fine.  You'll actually want bigger amps that that to keep the power clean with Brazilian, you'll find out that its not the subs limiting, its the amps since you cant wire low to get more power out of it after rise.  I wont hesitate to put a 15k on both subs if going with those sub choices and only wiring to 1 ohm.

The amps will be at 1 ohm. I've heard that the amps are damn near 9krms @ 14v.
false.  Anyone that's ever did a legitimate clamp will never see anywhere near 9krms wired to 1 ohm reactive load.  You'll always be rising to 2.5 ohm to 4 ohms depending on frequency. Thats the power you should expect from the amp only wiring down to 1 ohm. This is why others choose Korean amps and wire them to the dirt for more power. With Brazilian amps, you just need a much bigger amp to counteract this.

Are you saying that box rise will cause the amp to put out 7k less than what's its supposed to? I know its not the best amp in the world but damn. lol

I've been out the game for a while lol. Where can I find additional info on the box rise witchcraft? JK I know how to use google lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...