Need help tuning a bandpass!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Elyjah

CarAudio.com Newbie
I recently started my box build for 2 15" skar subwoofers. As of right now it is a simple 6 peice box with a single circle cut in the front to fit one of the 2 subs in. The inside diminsions of the box are 24x28x15.5 inches making it 6 cubic feet without anything inside the box. What I have brainstormed on doing is putting a double baffled wall slightly off centered in the middle to mount my second sub putting it in an isobaric postion... I will then port the 2nd chamber to 30hz or plan to. This is where I've hit a wall and need help. My subs recommended airspace for a sealed enclosure is 1.79 cu^3. A ported enclosure recommends 2.3cu^3. I need to know if an extra bit of cubic space will render my subs at risk and also how to tune a port to 30 Hertz when it is in an isobaric config. I think that anybody that has read this far may be able to help me so if anybody would be willing to lend a hand that knows how to calculate ports for bandpass enclosures contact my email at elyjahstravis@gmail.com

Thanks for any suggestions!

Elyjah said:
I recently started my box build for 2 15" skar subwoofers. As of right now it is a simple 6 peice box with a single circle cut in the front to fit one of the 2 subs in. The inside diminsions of the box are 24x28x15.5 inches making it 6 cubic feet without anything inside the box. What I have brainstormed on doing is putting a double baffled wall slightly off centered in the middle to mount my second sub putting it in an isobaric postion... I will then port the 2nd chamber to 30hz or plan to. This is where I've hit a wall and need help. My subs recommended airspace for a sealed enclosure is 1.79 cu^3. A ported enclosure recommends 2.3cu^3. I need to know if an extra bit of cubic space will render my subs at risk and also how to tune a port to 30 Hertz when it is in an isobaric config. I think that anybody that has read this far may be able to help me so if anybody would be willing to lend a hand that knows how to calculate ports for bandpass enclosures contact my email at elyjahstravis@gmail.com

Thanks for any suggestions!
2.3 cubes ported for a 15? Which one is it? I usually see quite a bit larger recommendations for 15s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.