6.5 midrange recs

I ran the silver flute 8s 2 way with some vifa ring radiators. Ran passive with some cdt crossovers, never rewired for active. Powered by a T400-4 bridged so 225w per pair. Sounded awesome. My favorite setup to date and it was a budget setup. 

The flutes can take more power though. If your hanging with a large sub stage, your going to want a good 200w rms to each mid.

I ran the silver flute 8s 2 way with some vifa ring radiators. Ran passive with some cdt crossovers, never rewired for active. Powered by a T400-4 bridged so 225w per pair. Sounded awesome. My favorite setup to date and it was a budget setup. 

The flutes can take more power though. If your hanging with a large sub stage, your going to want a good 200w rms to each mid.
Ok I think I'm going to try out the silver flutes. What were the specs on the crossovers? Also on the madisound site it says the 6.5s are 80w rms, so,will,they handle more? My sub stage is just 2 p3 12s. May change it don't know to what but I want more than they are giving me at the moment but that's another story/issue.

Ok I think I'm going to try out the silver flutes. What were the specs on the crossovers? Also on the madisound site it says the 6.5s are 80w rms, so,will,they handle more? My sub stage is just 2 p3 12s. May change it don't know to what but I want more than they are giving me at the moment but that's another story/issue.
If I recall it the crossovers were 18db at 3500hz. I would run active on the T600 if I were you. Or find some passive crossovers and run the fronts bridged on that amp

If I recall it the crossovers were 18db at 3500hz. I would run active on the T600 if I were you. Or find some passive crossovers and run the fronts bridged on that amp
Right now I have them bi amped through some Rockford passives. I will use them to start with, maybe as money allows I can get a pioneer hu and go active. My biggest hesitation is that I don't know how well I could tune it.

Right now I have them bi amped through some Rockford passives. I will use them to start with, maybe as money allows I can get a pioneer hu and go active. My biggest hesitation is that I don't know how well I could tune it.
That was my concern with going active. Really didnt want to spend a few days on all out tuning sessions. I was pretty happy with the time alignment and eq results from my pioneer double din. So passive worked for me. You need to check the specs on the crossovers, some like that are 5k or 7k hz and that's really too high for flutes.

That was my concern with going active. Really didnt want to spend a few days on all out tuning sessions. I was pretty happy with the time alignment and eq results from my pioneer double din. So passive worked for me. You need to check the specs on the crossovers, some like that are 5k or 7k hz and that's really too high for flutes.

fu(k going passive that sh*t is beyond garbage.  full tutorial on tuning here, no excuse to not go active.

1 hour ago, Jeffdachef said:

fu(k going passive that sh*t is beyond garbage.  full tutorial on tuning here, no excuse to not go active.

Oh I have read countless tuning tutorials, even got REW and a UMM1 mic. Just never had the time to pull it apart, rewire and then spend a couple days tuning. Simple as that. Also never bought a second 4ch to bridge it all active. 

But I sold that car a couple months back, so on to a new build lol

its the same concept. Just dsp has more options. You do the exact thing with any active capable head unit.
Well I ordered the flutes and have decided I am going to try the Dayton dsp,from parts express as funds allow. Seems better than spending double or more on another hu. Thanks for all the replies 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.