Component Speaker RMS???

Participant count
  • Participant list

The Fabricator

CarAudio.com Newbie
So this is driving me crazy I have the kicker css67 component speakers and the rated RMS is 100w soooo. I have a Pioneer HU (AVH4800xbs) and i wanna run it in network mode but I'll be powering the speakers through an amp. So I'm guessing the RMS for these speakers are 50w Woofer and 50w Tweeter. Can someone explain to me if that's accurate cause it's important to know so i can set my gains properly without blowing anything. Also I'm setting my gains with a oscilloscope and multi-meter.  

You can run 50w split, but honestly I would set your mids to 100w rms using the scope to keep it clean and then fade the tweeters in using the scope to make sure the signal stays clean.

Tweeters dont use much power and when they do receive power it's literally for microseconds and the coils dont usually burn fast.

Just sets your crossovers fir the tweeters ar 2600hz or higher and play it by ear. As long as the signal is clean and you aren't playing test tones continuously you should be fine.

My Memphis components are seeing 80w per tweet and 150w per mid and I typically run out of sub before I run out of highs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.