Help with speaker noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

Savan

Ohio
I am sure there are lots of discussions on this topic of a high pitched noise coming from the speakers. I read some and couldn't find an answer that helped me.

I don't believe this is engine noise because the noise hasn't always been there. I used to run a rockford fosgate 4 channel prime amp until it toasted, so I swapped it with a 4 channel Infinity kappa amp. That is when the noise started; it did not exist when the rockford amp was working. Therefore, i do not believe it can be a wiring issue since i didn't reconfigure any wiring from when i first put it all in (separated power from audio cables), but correct me if i am wrong.

Does anyone know anything about these amplifiers? Perhaps setting adjustments?

thanks

please describe the rest of the system.  pics of the wiring connections would help.  some amps are more susceptible to noise than others.  some head units are as well.  how are you getting a signal into the amp?

I'm starting to wonder if it's a problem with the Infinity Kappa amps.  I'm about to start a thread on it, but the short version I've done everything one can do and still have horrible alternator whine.  This is in a system in my son's car with a Kappa mono sub amp and an Infinity Ref 4-channel amp.  Noise is through all four speakers, but is gone when I unplug the RCA's from the mono Kappa amp.  I'm tempted at this point to exchange it and try another, or just give up, return it, and try another brand all together.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.