Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX Android Auto and other issue

Participant count
  • Participants list

karumudi7

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, I recently bought a Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX from BestBuy and using it from a month in my 2014 Ford Mustang.

The radio was decent, but I am having problems with:

1. Android Auto - When I connected by phone (BB Keyone), I always get a message: "To use Android Auto please stop the car and check your phone". I reset my phone completely and tried but no use. Do any one know what will be the problem for this? I am using OEM USB cable.

2. I have disconnected the Head Unit GPS cable to have the video play in motion. But, when I connect my iPhone for Navigation, it looks the CarPlay is taking the GPS signal from HeadUnit rather from the iPhone. Is it true that Android Auto and CarPlay uses HeadUnit GPS for navigation? If so, is they anyway to change it?

3. I see a weird message on the HU screen: "No paired phones connected" after couple minutes of start up, even though there is a phone connected via Bluetooth and music is already playing. 

4. I noticed, randomly, when I tried to increase the volume from my steering wheel control some times it is moving to next music track. But this is random.

5. The BestBuy technician who fixed this radio in my car told, the radio may give blue screen errors if tried to connect with AUX cable. Due to this, he didn't provisioned the AUX port. Is this true?

Any help with above is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello, I recently bought a Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX from BestBuy and using it from a month in my 2014 Ford Mustang.

The radio was decent, but I am having problems with:

1. Android Auto - When I connected by phone (BB Keyone), I always get a message: "To use Android Auto please stop the car and check your phone". I reset my phone completely and tried but no use. Do any one know what will be the problem for this? I am using OEM USB cable.

2. I have disconnected the Head Unit GPS cable to have the video play in motion. But, when I connect my iPhone for Navigation, it looks the CarPlay is taking the GPS signal from HeadUnit rather from the iPhone. Is it true that Android Auto and CarPlay uses HeadUnit GPS for navigation? If so, is they anyway to change it?

3. I see a weird message on the HU screen: "No paired phones connected" after couple minutes of start up, even though there is a phone connected via Bluetooth and music is already playing. 

4. I noticed, randomly, when I tried to increase the volume from my steering wheel control some times it is moving to next music track. But this is random.

5. The BestBuy technician who fixed this radio in my car told, the radio may give blue screen errors if tried to connect with AUX cable. Due to this, he didn't provisioned the AUX port. Is this true?

Any help with above is appreciated.

Thanks!
soooooo, do you have an android or an iphone?

soooooo, do you have an android or an iphone?
I have both Android and iPhone. 

For the #2, I have plugged my GPS antenna back and tested with iPhone. As my Android phone is not working for AA, I am not able to test it with my phone, but the technician verified with his phone. 

When you say video play in motion, do you mean watch movies while driving?

If so, you can buy a bypass for pioneers, it works, I have one. No need for parking brake.

Can't help with the other issues but I would definatly call Pioneer and speak to someone. The unit might need to be sent to a local Pioneer service center or try and return it at BestBuy. You'll need to talk with a manager since its passed the 14 days if you plan to deal with BestBuy.

Also, go to Pioneer info on HU and see if it has latest version

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.