CplCuddles

My boss told me to sell my subs or I'll be fired...

Ok so, I guess I need a bit of advice of wtf I should do in my situation. I just got a new job at a local car audio shop. I've been wanting to do this for a job for quite a while so I was quite excited. Naturally as the new guy the other bros were talking about there systems and asking about mine.

Now for a little context, this shop is not great, they are strictly a prefab shop, but it's experience. They sell Renegade, Kenwood, Alpine, Rockford, Hertz, Pioneer, that's about it. So my boss pulled me into his office and "wanted to talk about some stuff." He literally told me that I should sell my sundown and buy Rockford, then he continued on for about 10 minutes pretty heavily implying that I would be fired if I do not comply and that I need to represent their brands.

I've been planning on upgrading to 2 NSv4 18s and a SCV-7500D. He told me RF T2 16s and 1(or 2 he didn't specify) RF T2500(s) would be better than that, somehow I doubt that. I've told them that I planned on buying Hertz components and what-not but he seems to be insistent that I need to buy their brands for my sub stage. But I don't wanna, but I also don't wanna get fired... wat do?

02 Chevy Tahoe

Optima Yellowtop up front

Big 3

Mechman Elite 320 amp Alt

Kenwood X599

Crescendo Audio Symphony Coax's

Sundown Audio SAX 100.4 

*NEW* SCV 7500D, currently @4ohm.

Sundown Audio X 12v2 @ 29Hz

He sounds like a douche bad unless he's just f ING with u. He should just give you rf. Subs if he wants you to have them so bad. At the end of the day if he's serious I wouldn't really want to work for someone like that..

2006 ridgeline hu:KW ddx9903s morel 5.25 maximo comps 6.5 maximo coaxial 2 type r 8s 1.1 37 hz amp Rf t1000x5ab

work truck 2017 international pro star Alpine ute62 hu. Amps RF t1000.5ad 4 ch mode infinity k1000  type s 15 3.5 @ 30hz or type s12 2.4 @ 36 hz  or jbl s3 1.5 42hz. 2 8 " eminence pro woofers. 2" Dayton rs52fn midrange. 1 1/8 Dayton dc28f silk dome tweeters.

The employer would need it in writing and would have to be able to back in court that using those brands in your own car is essential to performing your job aka BFOQ.

That being said as much as you may want or need the experience, a shop with poor management and policies like that isn't the experience you want to be around. 

giphy.gif

36 minutes ago, CplCuddles said:

Ok so, I guess I need a bit of advice of wtf I should do in my situation. I just got a new job at a local car audio shop. I've been wanting to do this for a job for quite a while so I was quite excited. Naturally as the new guy the other bros were talking about there systems and asking about mine.

Now for a little context, this shop is not great, they are strictly a prefab shop, but it's experience. They sell Renegade, Kenwood, Alpine, Rockford, Hertz, Pioneer, that's about it. So my boss pulled me into his office and "wanted to talk about some stuff." He literally told me that I should sell my sundown and buy Rockford, then he continued on for about 10 minutes pretty heavily implying that I would be fired if I do not comply and that I need to represent their brands.

I've been planning on upgrading to 2 NSv4 18s and a SCV-7500D. He told me RF T2 16s and 1(or 2 he didn't specify) RF T2500(s) would be better than that, somehow I doubt that. I've told them that I planned on buying Hertz components and what-not but he seems to be insistent that I need to buy their brands for my sub stage. But I don't wanna, but I also don't wanna get fired... wat do?

LOL!!! What??? First off.. that vehicle doesnt even belong to them. Second of all Id tell him to GO Fk Himself.They want you to represent theyre products? You do it on theyre property on theyre time with theyre vehicle.

Edited by audiobaun

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm 12s@2.06cu Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

By the way..Grow a set ,and dont let yourself be intimidated by douche bags

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm 12s@2.06cu Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

That just meant your sundown wasnt loud enough to impress them. Back to the drawing board buddy.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

When you are able to make a single 10 sound louder than two t2 16s of theirs is when you have the skill and enclosure building knowledge to where they will never fire you.

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

It's completely up to you. It's not about what's right or wrong because this would not be worth fighting in court. If what you say is true than he will fire you, or make you quit,  if you don't do what he says. Drive another vehicle if you want to keep your job there, I cant imagine why anyone would put up with that bullshit though. Remove the subs and tell him you sold them. Come up with a sob story about how a family emergency just arose and you desperately need tons of money. I'd be lying to that cocksucker everyday, telling him whatever he wanted to hear. That is, if I were you. Me personally, I drink a bottle of cheap vodka one night, eat a big bowl of ramen noodles for breakfast along with a pot of coffee, go to work and just unload torrential diarrhea all over his desk. What out that bitch will I chucked up the deuce. YOLO.

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

1 hour ago, Slo_Ride said:

It's completely up to you. It's not about what's right or wrong because this would not be worth fighting in court. If what you say is true than he will fire you, or make you quit,  if you don't do what he says. Drive another vehicle if you want to keep your job there, I cant imagine why anyone would put up with that bullshit though. Remove the subs and tell him you sold them. Come up with a sob story about how a family emergency just arose and you desperately need tons of money. I'd be lying to that cocksucker everyday, telling him whatever he wanted to hear. That is, if I were you. Me personally, I drink a bottle of cheap vodka one night, eat a big bowl of ramen noodles for breakfast along with a pot of coffee, go to work and just unload torrential diarrhea all over his desk. What out that bitch will I chucked up the deuce. YOLO.

Honestly, what I plan on doing, The bullshitting that is, not the diarrhea, lol. I'm basically gonna upgrade my sub stage in secret and not tell co-workers, and buy mid/highs etc through them cuz I get them for cost, so hella cheap. Anyone want me to buy some expensive ass RF and sell it for the hella low low $$$ T2 16s are $1500, I get them for $600 through Accommodations. lol.

2 hours ago, Jeffdachef said:

When you are able to make a single 10 sound louder than two t2 16s of theirs is when you have the skill and enclosure building knowledge to where they will never fire you.

As I said, they are a prefab shop, they don't do custom work at all. The owner doesn't want to spend the money.

2 hours ago, Jeffdachef said:

That just meant your sundown wasnt loud enough to impress them. Back to the drawing board buddy.

He hasn't heard my system, He "doesn't believe" most brands. RF or bust basically.

3 hours ago, audiobaun said:

By the way..Grow a set ,and dont let yourself be intimidated by douche bags

It has nothing to do with "growing a set" as I said I can be fired for w/e. I'm not going to run their shit anyway, F'k them, Prolly just gonna hold out as long as I can and learn what I can.

3 hours ago, audiobaun said:

LOL!!! What??? First off.. that vehicle doesnt even belong to them. Second of all Id tell him to GO Fk Himself.They want you to represent theyre products? You do it on theyre property on theyre time with theyre vehicle.

While I get what you are saying and I definitely Agree. I live in Kansas, They could fire me for any reason they please. Kinda need money to pay bills.

3 hours ago, fithwheel said:

He sounds like a douche bad unless he's just f ING with u. He should just give you rf. Subs if he wants you to have them so bad. At the end of the day if he's serious I wouldn't really want to work for someone like that..

I don't really want to tbh, I don't like the way they do business either. Like this guy came in with a memphis amp saying that his subs didn't sound as good as they should, I talked to him and learned that it was wired in series not parallel like it should be. Although even knowing this and recommending us to rewire his subs, he was trying to sell him a $600 RF T1000.1. 

3 hours ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

The employer would need it in writing and would have to be able to back in court that using those brands in your own car is essential to performing your job aka BFOQ.

That being said as much as you may want or need the experience, a shop with poor management and policies like that isn't the experience you want to be around. 

I mean, I'm not there to learn the business end. I'm learning how to wire remote starts and other shit ya know? I was just curious what ya'll thought about it.

He said something along the lines of Ford workers would be fired if they owned not ford and etc etc.

Edited by CplCuddles

02 Chevy Tahoe

Optima Yellowtop up front

Big 3

Mechman Elite 320 amp Alt

Kenwood X599

Crescendo Audio Symphony Coax's

Sundown Audio SAX 100.4 

*NEW* SCV 7500D, currently @4ohm.

Sundown Audio X 12v2 @ 29Hz

11 minutes ago, CplCuddles said:

trying to sell him a $600 RF T1000.1. 

Sounds like a shady owner. He must make a pretty good profit on those subs. Oh btw he's full of it on ford. I deliver parts for gm and also drive buy a ford plant. Also delivered to ford for a short period of time. From the looks of their parking lots it looks like a lot of people should be getting their walking papers anytime. America may not be great again but it's still America. He sounds like real  pos.

2006 ridgeline hu:KW ddx9903s morel 5.25 maximo comps 6.5 maximo coaxial 2 type r 8s 1.1 37 hz amp Rf t1000x5ab

work truck 2017 international pro star Alpine ute62 hu. Amps RF t1000.5ad 4 ch mode infinity k1000  type s 15 3.5 @ 30hz or type s12 2.4 @ 36 hz  or jbl s3 1.5 42hz. 2 8 " eminence pro woofers. 2" Dayton rs52fn midrange. 1 1/8 Dayton dc28f silk dome tweeters.

I would tell him to go f**k himself personally. 

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

Sounds like this guy running the prefab shop is probably a cheap guy who doesn't mind selling whatever puts money in HIS pocket. That may include telling you that you NEED to sell your stuff and buy stuff from him. Which will put money in his pocket... he doesn't care where he gets his money as long as he gets money. I agree, sounds like a douche. I would tell him what you can do for him is represent what he sells honestly to the customer.

P.S. I worked for Chrysler and Ford some years ago... I drove Chevy and Nissan. I never once was told I would be fired for not driving their brands... On second thought... seek knowledge elsewhere from people who are not douches and tell this guy you have morals.

Edited by ThxOne

2008 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe - Full Active Build Coming Soon (Technically in progress?)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Rolling Cluster F**K - But Sounds Good

42 minutes ago, CplCuddles said:

Honestly, what I plan on doing, The bullshitting that is, not the diarrhea, lol. I'm basically gonna upgrade my sub stage in secret and not tell co-workers, and buy mid/highs etc through them cuz I get them for cost, so hella cheap. Anyone want me to buy some expensive ass RF and sell it for the hella low low $$$ T2 16s are $1500, I get them for $600 through Accommodations. lol.

As I said, they are a prefab shop, they don't do custom work at all. The owner doesn't want to spend the money.

He hasn't heard my system, He "doesn't believe" most brands. RF or bust basically.

It has nothing to do with "growing a set" as I said I can be fired for w/e. I'm not going to run their shit anyway, F'k them, Prolly just gonna hold out as long as I can and learn what I can.

While I get what you are saying and I definitely Agree. I live in Kansas, They could fire me for any reason they please. Kinda need money to pay bills.

I don't really want to tbh, I don't like the way they do business either. Like this guy came in with a memphis amp saying that his subs didn't sound as good as they should, I talked to him and learned that it was wired in series not parallel like it should be. Although even knowing this and recommending us to rewire his subs, he was trying to sell him a $600 RF T1000.1. 

I mean, I'm not there to learn the business end. I'm learning how to wire remote starts and other shit ya know? I was just curious what ya'll thought about it.

He said something along the lines of Ford workers would be fired if they owned not ford and etc etc.

WTF, go drag his @ss out, shove him in the hot seat and send it!!!!

Then ask him if a sh*tty little T2 or p3 can do that. Bro you know better than to take sh*t from goddamn peasants like this.

Edited by Jeffdachef
emphasis

Seek other means of employment.In Tx, You can be fired for any reason as well. Doesnt mean you have to stay and work there or be friends with anyone. Just do your job and try to learn what you can and do the job properly till you find another place of employment unless you enjoy being walked all over and cry like a bitch for the rest of your life.Find a job you enjoy and a place with benefits and a retirement program for your future.There are so many people out there that cant stand where they work, but are stuck in a rut that they themselves placed themselves in and live miserably.I enjoy what I do, and always have.I have always had douche bags around me and still do to this day, but I dont mind telling them where to go with theyre Bchit either.Maybe Im different than most..I actually work while others leach and feed off my expertise.It eventually becomes noticed, especially when those are placed on the spot and have no answer to the responsibilities at hand.And as for those Azz Kissers??The smell of pure azz and Bchit can be smelt across the streets before they even get within 40 ft from you.I see it and smell it on the daily.Becomes pretty discusting to be honest

The statement about ford workers driving a ford is bullshit. I used to drive inside the national Toyota headquarters in california a lot before they moved to texas and looking around the parking lot, the majority of employees drove toyota/lexus but there was a good amount of cars that were not. I used to have many clients that worked for Toyota and they told me they get big incentives for buying their their brand because of discounts and free money basically but doesn't mean you're forced to. come on. But in the same time you wouldn't wanna show off your sundown subs to a customer and then they'll be like man where can I get these! then that's different.. 

2009 Scion TC

HU: Alpine INA-W910

Processor: Alpine PXA-H800

Amps: B2 Audio Zero.5R - Zapco Z-150.4LX - Zapco Z-150.2LX

Front Stage: New front stage TBA~, JL ZR800's

Subs: 4 10" Dayton HO's 3.2 cu ft @ 30hz

Electrical: Singer 320a, XS D2400, Juicebox Lithium 20ah

convince the dumb f*ck to carry sundown. END OF STORY.

1 minute ago, Jeffdachef said:

No bullshit. This is by far the best answer. 

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

Yea I'd be gone rather quick. 

I'd understand if he said no giving demos with brands not carried. But I'd be damned if I'd let him fire me for some crisp like that.

I'd walk out, crank my subs to the max and drive right buy the front door as I rattled their shelves and drive away. 

Bye bye

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4x4

Pioneer touch screen with front and rear cam

Memphis viv component run active

2 alpine pdr-m65

1 alpine pdr-f50

2 jl 13tw5-3 in subthump understeat box

36 minutes ago, Jeffdachef said:

He only carries prefabs though. 

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

8 minutes ago, Popwarhomie said:

He only carries prefabs though. 

Which just promoted Corporal Cuddles to Master Sergeant in the new custom enclosure line that will make the boss a ton of money.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now