What would cause this fuse to melted?

Hello,

What would cause this fuse to melted?  From fuse block?

Thank you,

IMG_1573.JPG

Generally caused by LOOSE connections, poor connection. Ive had Blade connections do this in the past. Just not a solid connection.loosen over time due to road vibrations, vibrations in general, or just poor quality built. I recommend using ANL fuses for better connections, or see if you can close the gap a bit more on the Maxi fuse connectors for a tighter grab/setting

Dont quote me on this one. Of course i would check the connections. But i've seen this happen befoe and i swore it was because of trying to pull too much current through the power wire with too small(guage ) 

Dont quote me on this one. Of course i would check the connections. But i've seen this happen befoe and i swore it was because of trying to pull too much current through the power wire with too small(guage ) 

Thats a possibility as well, but that fuse should blow if it gets too hot, before the casing of the wiring is burned off

Check that the metal fuseblocks are still secure in the plastic case. If they broke out of the plastic they move around and make poor connections causing excess heat and a melted fuse. 

If the load (amplifier, etc) hasn't changed and isn't shorted somewhere, you can be pretty confident your fuse block is the issue. Whether it be one of the wires or blocks loose, a corroded wire, or otherwise. Look at the fuseblock for clues. 

New fuse distribution block with ANL fuses came in and already installed.  Currently using 8 guage wire, do you guys think I need to change it to 4 gauge.  Those wires go to 2 amps.  4 gauge wire from the battery go into this distribution block and split into two 8 guage to two amps.  

Thank you,

New fuse distribution block with ANL fuses came in and already installed.  Currently using 8 guage wire, do you guys think I need to change it to 4 gauge.  Those wires go to 2 amps.  4 gauge wire from the battery go into this distribution block and split into two 8 guage to two amps.  

Thank you,
Depends on your current draw. 

If the 8 gauge is OFC you're probably fine for an amp around 500w but if it's CCA get rid of it and throw in some 4 gauge OFC.

im in the poor connections camp. Its probably arcing repeatedly from disconnecting and rapidly reconnectiong. And yes, your amp can stay on even with very short moments of disconnection like this

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.