Did I purchase the best amplifier for my goals?

Participant count
  • Participants list

saucemessiah

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I recently purchased 4 Polk Audio DB652's for my 2012 Subaru Impreza (with a stock in-dash stereo). I like them but I wanted more out of them so I purchased a Pioneer D9605 5 channel amp. I chose this amp because I wanted to see more output from my current 4 door speakers and a sub woofer that I am planning on getting (Rockford Fosgate P3D4 12"). I feel like I got my amp without being well informed on other factors and was wondering what some great car enthusiast think of my purchases and car audio goals. Ask any questions that I would need to further clarify to help y'all help me!  Also, are the Polk door speakers I got that great?

All help and recommendations are very much appreciated!!!

P.s. I don't have a large knowledge of car audio if it isn't yet obvious.

rockford p3 may not be best option with that low power but yes the amp is a great deal.. u doing a sealed box?, if so look at dayton subs on parts express.. the polks are ok as far as mainstream stuff

rockford p3 may not be best option with that low power but yes the amp is a great deal.. u doing a sealed box?, if so look at dayton subs on parts express.. the polks are ok as far as mainstream stuff
What do you mean with that low power? The power the amp is outputting? And I was thinking a ported box because I like heavy/deep base unless sealed is better for those... Thanks for the dayton subs recommendation and if I were to go out of mainstream for my door speakers where would you suggest to look and any specific brands? Thanks.

Planning to have one built unless you think that is unnecessary. 
many of us use twice the subs rated power so 400-500rms to a 600-750 rms sub is low power to us., my stereo is weakest here and i have 1160rms to a 750 rms sub.. yes ported is loudest fs.,  u need a ported box tuned to 32hz or lower after all wood port and sub displacements and since u are using "low power" to sub i would suggest 2.25 cf ad box not 1.8 they recommend.. if using lower power use larger box (some use 3cf for a 12, i wouldn't but they do.,  helps sub reach full excursion and play deeper.. if more power 1200 rms or so use tad smaller box) but we use wins or other box programs to check cone excursion, port air velocity and best box size.. shredder2 on here probably has box design for the p3 i'd bet.. speakers: i just have sq coax cost less than your polk most here use pro audio mids etc fithwheel has nice speakers he can help u with that.. show him pics of your truck man @fithwheel

many of us use twice the subs rated power so 400-500rms to a 600-750 rms sub is low power to us., my stereo is weakest here and i have 1160rms to a 750 rms sub.. yes ported is loudest fs.,  u need a ported box tuned to 32hz or lower after all wood port and sub displacements and since u are using "low power" to sub i would suggest 2.25 cf ad box not 1.8 they recommend.. if using lower power use larger box (some use 3cf for a 12, i wouldn't but they do.,  helps sub reach full excursion and play deeper.. if more power 1200 rms or so use tad smaller box) but we use wins or other box programs to check cone excursion, port air velocity and best box size.. shredder2 on here probably has box design for the p3 i'd bet.. speakers: i just have sq coax cost less than your polk most here use pro audio mids etc fithwheel has nice speakers he can help u with that.. show him pics of your truck man @fithwheel
Yeah I know you made him think it wouldn't be enough power for it...Amp will power it fine. More than 1 way to skin a cat. Low powered to us? Idk gramps different people with different goals around..

Yeah I know you made him think it wouldn't be enough power for it...Amp will power it fine. More than 1 way to skin a cat. Low powered to us? Idk gramps different people with different goals around..
Haha so y'all think I should keep what I have or switch amp or sub? A bit confused with all these numbers haha sorry.

Haha so y'all think I should keep what I have or switch amp or sub? A bit confused with all these numbers haha sorry.
I'd keep that amp. You're not gonna find a much better 5 ch. at that price anyway. idk about polk coaxial. You never said what your goals are or anything  other than wanting more power on your speakers and a sub.

yeah it's enough and like i said if he does little larger box it'll be good.. just that amp don't have ss filter i'd guess., most 5 chans don't so larger box tuned low

no amp is good sub is fine like i said just do 2cf ad or bigger box tuned low cause i doubt the amp has ss filter so lower tune will protect sub and play deeper
@fithwheel Yeah my goal is just to have louder speakers and a strong sub without drowning out the speakers. Thanks for the recommendations y'all. One last thing if I haven't asked enough already... Should I go for the 1 12" sub or 2 subs that would work with the sub channel?

@fithwheel Yeah my goal is just to have louder speakers and a strong sub without drowning out the speakers. Thanks for the recommendations y'all. One last thing if I haven't asked enough already... Should I go for the 1 12" sub or 2 subs that would work with the sub channel?
well cone area wins normally but again with your power i'd just get 1 if u want more bass later just get a 2nd sub and bigger mono amp like the 8601 or 9601..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.