Got a new toy today...

Participant count
  • Participant list

dacheatham
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
1985 Tercel. Only 141k miles. Got it on the cheap!

F89339FE-8A01-41FC-AEF4-A314026FEF07.jpeg

917C357B-4714-40B2-97D2-614A41375DE4.jpeg

With poor alternator options, and no room for agms, you'll need to spend more on lithium batts then you spent on the car to run big power

Last edited by a moderator:
That motherfucker is so god damn ugly I almost like it.  There's this little mustard yellow Volkswagen down the road from me that's been sitting forever., similar looks and I've been thinking about asking to buy it.  

had to buy stepson a car 3 days ago 2010 focus 150k $1600 they wanted $290 at 1st but she noticed motor shaking at idle nd when ac was on.. we looked at it and thought it was motor mount $25., he hook to his code reader it said #4 spark plug.. we bought car put 1 plug in it runs like new.. all power windows, lites, ac etc works, seen 2009 with more miles for $3900 so pretty good deal.. if no check engine lite come on in next month will replace all fluids, belt, filters plugs wiper etc next month.. hope he gets his $ soon they killing us this yr

This little car drives surprisingly well considering its age. The brakes are a little soft but that’s the only mechanical issue I have noticed. She starts up and runs just fine. The guy selling it lived around 2 hours away. I have him $100 to drive to me. Saved me the 4 hour round trip and gas; more importantly, showed me she was roadworthy. 

The system has not been kind to my Durango. I have lost panels, vents and scrapped the bracket for the lift gate locking mechanism. This little car is more of an investment into not messing the Durango up anymore. 

The Durnago’s best is a 150.9. That was with the Wolfram subs and amps at 2ohm strapped. My Level 5s are significantly louder at 1ohm strapped. I will work on making the switch over the winter. 

1985 Tercel. Only 141k miles. Got it on the cheap!

View attachment 1007

View attachment 1008
Id drive the hell out of it!!. Ill bet it would be great on gas for sure.And not all those electronics incorporated either.Change the fluids,do a tune up on it so to speak..maybe change the thermostat before it gets cold out and drive the piss out of it.Dammned clean for as old as it is.Id drive it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dacheatham

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
dacheatham
Russellville, Arkansas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date