Amp Turns on and Off

Participant count
  • Participants list

jku

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ok, so to start off I am new to the forum and I really hope you guys will be able to help me on this one. 

My current setup is 2 kicker s12d solo barics (old school) and a memphis pr2.100 amp. The amp was an upgrade from my old MTX Thunder 325. 

Ever since i swapped amps I had a minor issue where the amp wasn’t getting properly powered on and I could usually get the big blue light and power light to come on by hitting the amp (gently) or moving the fuses up and down. 

Recently, the amp has been acting strange and it will not power on at all. I can get the big blue memphis logo to light up a little by wiggling fuses, but it eventually shuts off and the amp itself never fully powers on. 

Today I changed my ground wire to a nice thick copper wire with a copper terminal. I also readjusted my remote wire to ensure all of my connections were perfect. It worked for about 35 minutes and then cut out, and now I can’t even get the amp to turn on for a few seconds. And yes, I checked the fuse under the hood. 

Anyone have a clue what could be the problem? It’s an older system, but hasn’t been abused and worked fine for at least 4 months before this happened. I really would like to avoid buying another amp because I am currently buying a new headunit and some jeep mods. 

Any input is appreciated. 

Thanks, Conner

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.