How do I wire an active 3 way component setup

Participant count
  • Participants list

CplCuddles

Certified Meme Warrior
Hey guys, so I am planning out my speakers setup so I know what I need to buy and how much everything will be. I plan to run 2 6.5s each front door with a 3 and a tweet in the pillar area. Prob just gonna run coax in the rear doors.

My thing is if all the speakers are 4ohm how tf do I wire everything up correctly? 

Woofer: Hertz ML 1650.3

Mid: Hertz ML 700.3

Tweet: Hertz ML 280.3

Coax: Hertz MPX 165.3 Pro

I'm not even sure what amp(s) I should run. Thanks m8s

From your equipment you dont look like you have the ability to run active. You need an 8 channel DSP if you want to run 3 way active plus sub and you need a 10 channel dsp if you want to run 3 way active plus rears plus sub.

Rears leave them on head unit power, dont waste any more money on them. Focus all power on the fronts.  You need a 6 channel amp, preferably something with 100+ watts a channel along with your sub amp setup. 

I have not heard much good about Audison DSP’s. Since it’s your first go round, take a look at the new Dayton, miniDSP, or Helix. Helix is the king of the hill, but great reports about the Dayton piece are coming out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.