BASS unsticking rear window

Participant count
  • Participant list
My singlecabs rear window keeps coming undone im assuming because of the rear window flexing. The silicone wont stay stuck on the truck. Any ideas how to resolve this?
I don’t know if it helps but windows are not glued in with silicone so if your trying to use silicone that’s the problem . You want to use windshield glue and I have a glass guy that I know and my front and rear busted loose and he removed old glue down to metal and used a primer for that glue and reglued them in and I haven’t have a problem since. Mine is an extra cab 153-154 dB if that helps I also removed 1/4 rear pop out window frames and used the windshield glue to glue in the pop outs  solid and worked great. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yea i take it to a spot where thats all they do im sure they use window glue i just used the wrong terminology. Did you do anything to reinforce the back wall so it wont flex as much? Other than deadener i assume?

Oh yea i take it to a spot where thats all they do im sure they use window glue i just used the wrong terminology. Did you do anything to reinforce the back wall so it wont flex as much? Other than deadener i assume?
Oh ya I had 11/2 inch’s of plywood on back wall too and 3 layers of deadner and carpet over the plywood then bolted enclosure to it and floor platform made it all tied together and really stiffened it up. 

I sealed all my rear windows up.Limo tint..Plasti dipped on inside Black..4 layers of deadner,1/2" Foam insulation..2 sheets of 3/4"MDF sealed off and same with rear floor (I also screwed the rear window latched shut on inside as well).All sealed off. pretty nicely in the truck and floors

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.