15” nsv4 vs dual 12” big brutes

Lovebass805

I’m wondering which will sound better and louder between a sundown 15” nsv4 vs dual brutal sounds big brute 12”s

i believe I can use my current 4.3 cubic foot enclosure with the brutes but I’m kinda partial to sundown cause my dual sa12’s sound marginally better then average and that’s pretty far down the line of their totem pole of hierarchical subwoofer drivers and I’m really curious how their top of the line sub drivers sound.

im not stuck on those two brands but just what I have in mind what ever I pick will be powered by a wolfram 4500 amp  

space is limited on my tiny Toyota Prius 

Last edited by a moderator:
 sundown 15” nsv4,wolfram 4500 amp, Toyota Prius 
I'd love to see the finished build, and especially hear about the electrical that you end up doin' to support that amp... why try to use a enclosure for something else (another driver)? If you're gonna pay for something like that and stick it in a Prius and do all that work involved, I'd do the enclosure right the 1st time so once it's done it'll be in there... just my .02

What's that cargo area... 37.5" w & about 12" to the seatline? gonna be a lil' tall but I think it'll fit nice.

I wonder if an 18" tall enclosure will fit in there and the hatch still close? I got a design I did for the ol' Blazer before I went another direction and then seized the engine and ended up with my current ride... I did it for a 5K amp IIRC. The width is spot-on I believe but the depth/height might not work... IDK

VKpHf2.jpg

the price scared me away as the Blazer was only worth $1K or less. Coulda tuned lower (and almost did) but I decided to stay near the Sundown recommendations.

How much space is back there in a Prius?.. Never played with one.

I wonder if an 18" tall enclosure will fit in there and the hatch still close? I got a design I did for the ol' Blazer before I went another direction and then seized the engine and ended up with my current ride... I did it for a 5K amp IIRC. The width is spot-on I believe but the depth/height might not work... IDK

the price scared me away as the Blazer was only worth $1K or less. Coulda tuned lower (and almost did) but I decided to stay near the Sundown recommendations.

How much space is back there in a Prius?.. Never played with one.
I don’t think it will fit unless I take out the spare tire.

it will be a while.

i have a trip I have to save up for then new tires and brakes and oil change for my car 

then hopefully If not any more unexpected expenses 

I’ll get the nsv4 15 and wolfram 4500 amp and enclosure and installed 

not sure about bout the electrical I know vaguely about the big 3 if you guys could help me better understand that I’ll get that too and what ever else you guys suggest.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.