Bassin in Acura RSX

RSX's are badazzzz.. That was the other car I was considering before for a bass car but I ended up buying a scion tc because every RSX I looked at were old and beat up. Also, I'm pretty sure ELD wasn't even invented at the time. 

Yea damm that’s why I try to avoid honda’s for this very reason. And plus many of the honda’s before were really easy to steal. I still think they’re pretty cool tho. 

RSX's are badazzzz.. That was the other car I was considering before for a bass car but I ended up buying a scion tc because every RSX I looked at were old and beat up. Also, I'm pretty sure ELD wasn't even invented at the time. 
If you want good numbers on the meter, a TC isn't a very good choice despite being a hatch. There was a member on here with a 2012 TC with a DC5k and 2 level 5 12s and he couldnt break a 150 no matter what firing orientation and tuning. ELD on Hondas has been around since the late 90s, I know the 04 RSX has it, but I'm not sure if it needs to be bypassed. 

If you want good numbers on the meter, a TC isn't a very good choice despite being a hatch. There was a member on here with a 2012 TC with a DC5k and 2 level 5 12s and he couldnt break a 150 no matter what firing orientation and tuning. ELD on Hondas has been around since the late 90s, I know the 04 RSX has it, but I'm not sure if it needs to be bypassed. 
I’m not a competitor on the meter but that’s good to know. I have the 2009 model so the shape is different. Losisatool hit 150 I believe with same scion as me with 2 12” DD subs and DD 5k amp. I personally don’t care about numbers, I just wanted a hatchback just because and RSX was on top of my list. After everything considered I just couldn’t go with Honda and went with Toyota instead because I was so much more familiar with it. Also the fact that RSX’s are so beat up nowadays, it’s hard to find one in good condition. More than likely the car’s gonna need the bypass. I can’t find anything on google but it seems like the integra required the bypass so I would think they would do the same thing when the rsx came out as well as every new honda out there. 

winkychevelle said:
Just about every Honda I've seen needed an eld bypass. Pretty sure the Acura will need one too since it is just a glorified honda
+1

karge.png

THATpurpleKUSH said:
Anyone have experience with RSXs? How easy are they to work on? I'm sort of looking at one for a bass car. I know some Hondas need to have an ELD bypass done, does the RSX need it? Good cabin acoustics?
RSX?? Great little car.easy to do bolt ons for mods for HP..keep oil changed and tuned up and Struts /suspension maintained and runs forever..be sure to do the timing and W.pump before or around 120k.As for the ELD?Yes it has that issue as many Honda made vehicles..You can do two group 78s/AGMs..one under hood and one in rear and run up to 2k all day long on sub duty.. Do Big 3 should be fine.I always ran 2 ohms mono and 4-2 ohms stereo up front. Min of 1500 rms on sub duty and a min of 100 rms up front per door components with min of 20 rms on a set of extra tweets. Ive ran up to 2500 @1 ohm load just fine with 2 full sized AGMs and did fine with 300 -400 up front in an Acura Integra. Never issues with Voltage that way.If you have the time, and patience.. get that ELD Bypass done.. its worth it and Keep _Hope_Alive tutorial works and takes little time, but worth the effort going Large on power.A pair of 1k 10s , a pair of 6.5 components and a set of 1" tweets all that ride needs to get pretty loud. 5 speeds are worth it.Autos lack alittle in RPM pickup but still moves well.Every Honda and Acura Ive had has been some the most reliable vehicles ive owned to date

To make room under the hood for the group 78 AGM Super Start AGM battery I had , i removed that air box and went with a short air intake and used a wall bicycle mount bracket. worked perfect, made my own U-hook battery brackets out of 1/4" plated all thread rod to secure the battery 

This isn't a fancy Type S, it's a base model with an automatic. It's not for speed, strictly bass. I've seen mixed information on the ELD thing. Someone from Hondata said that the RSX, TSX and S2K didn't use a low voltage mode in the ECU. 

I highly recommend changing the Thermostat before winter time.They are a PITA to do but if the vehicle has 100k plus on it,,Ill bet $ its never been changed.I liked to froze my azz off when one went out on me and it was like -15 out and had a 70 mile ride left in traffic.Get that done for sure. Winter coming soon.

This isn't a fancy Type S, it's a base model with an automatic. It's not for speed, strictly bass. I've seen mixed information on the ELD thing. Someone from Hondata said that the RSX, TSX and S2K didn't use a low voltage mode in the ECU. 
Still a great and reliable vehicle in my opinion..Id just do the 2 batts, and the Big 3, and It should be just fine.You will know when driving if you loose power or it cuts in and out.. thats when you need to do that bypass.But 2 of those batts, and You should have plenty of supply to maintain a decent 2k-2500 rms sub stage.One batt under the hood isnt going to get it done period.I cooked a couple great amps from low voltage over the years but learned that I needed power to supply power. thats why Ive always said .. It takes power to maintain power

Still a great and reliable vehicle in my opinion..Id just do the 2 batts, and the Big 3, and It should be just fine.You will know when driving if you loose power or it cuts in and out.. thats when you need to do that bypass.But 2 of those batts, and You should have plenty of supply to maintain a decent 2k-2500 rms sub stage.One batt under the hood isnt going to get it done period.I cooked a couple great amps from low voltage over the years but learned that I needed power to supply power. thats why Ive always said .. It takes power to maintain power
I have 2 group 31s sitting around, I wonder if I could stuff one under the hood lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.