Subwoofers at an angle to each other?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TrevorP

I don't know if there is a thread about this already bc my search wouldn't load so sorry if there is. I am going to be building a center console for my truck this winter with a separate but attached ported box for 2 very Inexpensive Kenwood 12s. Because it is a center console I am tight on space and cannot stack them both straight vertically (they will be facing the back) so I am thinking of doing the top one at a 45° angle forwards so the top is towards the front of the cab. This will allow me to save a few inches vertically. I was wondering if the fact that the magnets will be close to each other and at an angle will push the voice coil off center. Any help would be appreciated. Can provide SketchUp models if needed.

I think I understand what you're saying.   The normal answer is to use 10" subs instead and resolve the height issue that way.   Given they are inexpensive, i suspect the magnets are small.  There may be some magnetic field interference but nothing that would damage the coils.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.