My local pawn shop find

Participant count
  • Participant list

youdoofus

Skibidi
Some new finds. Look at the huge ass psi there!

20180823_152554.jpg

20180823_152537.jpg

20180823_152554.jpg

20180823_152557.jpg

20180823_152504.jpg

20180823_152528.jpg

I miss my Boston G5 subs! Owning 11 G1 12s does not fill the void lol

BA G series subs are the best sounding subs I've heard- doesn't matter what model, they all sound amazing in the right box. It's such a shame they dropped out of the car audio game. 

How much is that Boston sub??
ill have to look for ya. im in there all the time LoL i kinda feel bad for the guys working there because im sure theyre like "oh great, its that guy that comes in 3 times a week and only buys something once every 3 months" but im 6'4" and pretty much wear all black, so im not sure if theyre thinking im crazy or just mega bored on my lunch breaks :D

mighty nice pawn shop
this place has all kinds of good stuff!! PG speakers, Diamond amps, Hertz subs, DD subs etc etc etc. They have a PPI that im waiting for them to drop the price on. Its been there for months, so they might swing me a deal

ill have to look for ya. im in there all the time LoL i kinda feel bad for the guys working there because im sure theyre like "oh great, its that guy that comes in 3 times a week and only buys something once every 3 months" but im 6'4" and pretty much wear all black, so im not sure if theyre thinking im crazy or just mega bored on my lunch breaks :D

this place has all kinds of good stuff!! PG speakers, Diamond amps, Hertz subs, DD subs etc etc etc. They have a PPI that im waiting for them to drop the price on. Its been there for months, so they might swing me a deal
what ppi? how much?

I miss my Boston G5 subs! Owning 11 G1 12s does not fill the void lol

BA G series subs are the best sounding subs I've heard- doesn't matter what model, they all sound amazing in the right box. It's such a shame they dropped out of the car audio game. 
I ran a pair or the LF 12s for nearly two decades. Best sounding subs imho. The only reason I swapped was to save some weight because race car...  still have the Bostons for a rainy day install.  I never had the chance to hear the ones you mentioned though and am wondering if I missed something even better. 

I ran a pair or the LF 12s for nearly two decades. Best sounding subs imho. The only reason I swapped was to save some weight because race car...  still have the Bostons for a rainy day install.  I never had the chance to hear the ones you mentioned though and am wondering if I missed something even better. 
I've never heard the LFs in person but from what I've read they were sort of in between a G3 and G5. 

so, a local car audio nut who frequents the same pawn shop looked at the tinsel leads of it and saw that they had been shoddily repaired. Probably needs a recone :(  i still havent been in to look at the price on it tho. will likely stop in today
The SPG555 had modular drop in recone like the G3 and G5s. I bet there are still recones out there but they won't be cheap.

so, a local car audio nut who frequents the same pawn shop looked at the tinsel leads of it and saw that they had been shoddily repaired. Probably needs a recone :(  i still havent been in to look at the price on it tho. will likely stop in today
Bummer man ☹️

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.