Picked up my first zapco

it doesnt have the tiffany style RCAs, but itll do for the price i paid for it. Decent deal i think. Only used a couple weeks, has all the boxes and so forth. $80 including shipping

i might hook up my diamond d5600.2 in the interim just to get the speakers wired up properly and ready for power. Hell, i might leave the diamond on the drivers and the Zapco on the tweets

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were you I'd run both amps like u were thinking... Zapco to tweeters, Diamond to speakers...then all you need to do is pick up a DSP and you're active. I just got the Dayton Audio DSP-408...for $150 it's amazing. I haven't got to change my setup yet- I have SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35 6.5s and TB25 tweeters, but right now I'm just running 2.75 Memphis dash speakers off stock HU and NVX NSP65 coaxials

I just hooked up the DSP to the coaxials and my sub just to test it and try to get familiar and just doing basic (very green when it comes to DSPs) tuning my setup sounds much cleaner. Cant imagine how it's going to sound once I get the front stage installed...

In other words I highly recommend going active & the Dayton is not just great product bc of price, it's just a great product.

If I were you I'd run both amps like u were thinking... Zapco to tweeters, Diamond to speakers...then all you need to do is pick up a DSP and you're active. I just got the Dayton Audio DSP-408...for $150 it's amazing. I haven't got to change my setup yet- I have SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35 6.5s and TB25 tweeters, but right now I'm just running 2.75 Memphis dash speakers off stock HU and NVX NSP65 coaxials

I just hooked up the DSP to the coaxials and my sub just to test it and try to get familiar and just doing basic (very green when it comes to DSPs) tuning my setup sounds much cleaner. Cant imagine how it's going to sound once I get the front stage installed...

In other words I highly recommend going active & the Dayton is not just great product bc of price, it's just a great product.
my deck can go active, but an external dsp will allow active up front and retain my rears. active is likely the thing that will happen. still need 0 gauge tho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.