Sign in to follow this  
SPL_Krayzie112

What happened to Car Audio Forum???

Yep.

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

Is this not the Lee you are looking for? :suave:

IMG_20180823_022806.jpg

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

These are not the Lees you are looking for.

Fucking ouch, lol.

• Like 1

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

16 hours ago, SPL_Krayzie112 said:

I think that's called a PITA.

No doubt. I thought Car Audio Forum was long gone. I don't even remember the last time is was there.

Maybe ARROGANCE destroyed it!

John Kuthe... 

2006 Grand Caravan "Baby II"

Alpine CDE-153BT HU

Alpine PXA-H800 DSP

Alpine PDX-V9 main amp

Alpine PDR-V75 secondary amp

4 Alpine SPR-69 6x9" midrange

2 PHD 5.1 AF 5.25" drivers w/ separate tweeters and passive crossovers with plans of going full active!

JL Audio 12TW3-D4 400W TW3 Thin-Line Series 12" Dual 4 ohm Subwoofer set to 2 Ohms

Damplifier Pro, BQuiet and Luxury Liner Pro sound deadening, lots!

6 minutes ago, JohnKuthe said:

Maybe ARROGANCE destroyed it!

John Kuthe... 

Are you making a general philosophical statement or are you actually familiar with CAF? Where have you been hiding?

47 minutes ago, Slo_Ride said:

Are you making a general philosophical statement or are you actually familiar with CAF? Where have you been hiding?

I've been in MacinTrash HELL and just got back on my old WinXP Pro PC and my old files, including my old Chrome Browser Bookmark file I had backed up to my hard drive with caraudio.com in the browser toolbar! My MacinTrash didn't have that, it's barely a computer. Or it certainly does not act like one! MacinTrashes act like GODDAMNED PHONE!

And it's also a philosophic statement!

John Kuthe...

Edited by JohnKuthe

Alpine CDE-153BT HU

Alpine PXA-H800 DSP

Alpine PDX-V9 main amp

2 PHD 5.1 AF 5.25" drivers w/ separate tweeters and passive crossovers with plans of going full active!

JL Audio 12TW3-D4 400W TW3 Thin-Line Series 12" Dual 4 ohm Subwoofer set to 2 Ohms

2 minutes ago, JohnKuthe said:

I've been in MacinTrash HELL and just got back on my old WinXP Pro PC and my old files, including my old Chrome Browser Bookmark file I had backed up to my hard drive with caraudio.com in the browser toolbar! My MacinTrash didn't have that, it's barely a computer. Or it certainly does not act like one! MacinTrashes act like GODDAMNED PHONE!

John Kuthe...

Lol, yeah I'm not an Apple guy either. How's the van?

4 minutes ago, Slo_Ride said:

Lol, yeah I'm not an Apple guy either. How's the van?

Baby II's great! I hardly drive her since I almost always drive my 100% electric Nissan Leaf! But for some things when I DO drive Baby II like I went down to the Saint Francis River when some late Summer thunderstorms brought my fave local whitewater up in the Summertime! Yay!!

And I was running the audio system pretty hard! And it NEVER cut out on me! Sometimes stuff overheads a little and I lose my sub from a thermal cutoff. But when it cools off it's fine.

And it sounds pretty amazing! And remember at home I am listening to Klipsch La Scalas driven by a McIntosh 2105 Solid State power amp rated at about 105 WPC and the La Scalas are SO DAMNED EFFICIENT they would be loud out of a Walkman's headphone jack!

John Kuthe...

Alpine CDE-153BT HU

Alpine PXA-H800 DSP

Alpine PDX-V9 main amp

You're a trip bro. Post more, I enjoy the stories.

14 minutes ago, Slo_Ride said:

You're a trip bro. Post more, I enjoy the stories.

I had some FUN with my inheritance too! Fun's all over now and I GOT the damned Occupancy Permit on this Shared Student Living house I bought, time to get back to work PART TIME to fund myself until I'm 65 and I will see what will be left in Social Security funds! Then I will have my Soc Sec AND student rental income as my retirement income!

Pretty smart, eh? :-)

John Kuthe...

Alpine CDE-153BT HU

Alpine PXA-H800 DSP

Alpine PDX-V9 main amp

1 hour ago, JohnKuthe said:

I had some FUN with my inheritance too! Fun's all over now and I GOT the damned Occupancy Permit on this Shared Student Living house I bought, time to get back to work PART TIME to fund myself until I'm 65 and I will see what will be left in Social Security funds! Then I will have my Soc Sec AND student rental income as my retirement income!

Pretty smart, eh? 🙂

John Kuthe...

i can actually agree with John Kuthe on something, st.louis has some wee taw did ordinances when I moved back here I had to get an occupancy permit to move back into a house I’ve owned since 2010...

Û

My wife doesn’t know about my car audio addiction...shhhh

Crap, so CAF is just dead and nobody knows what happened?

• HU: Pioneer AVH-Z5800BHS
  • Comp Amp: Old School Crossfire CFA402 100w x 4
  • Sub Amp: Hifonics Zeus ZX7500 500w x 2
  • Front Stage: CDT CL61a Comps
  • No rear fill
  • 12" Old Bazooka sub in sealed box (not those stupid Bazooka tubes) - might go ported with 2 of these
  • Soon to replace that/those ^ sub(s) with an SSD NEO 18 sealed for SPL without port noise :D

Nope. Went to new format, and I can hardly get around in here at all...

Traded with, bought from: Anthony O, Mitchell0715, kuda, Chevy Blazin', Babs, Captain Obvious, ciaonzo

'13 Camaro SS/RS

Kenwood DDX9903S - Arc PS-8

Arc Audio XDi 1200.6 - Audiofrog GB10, GB25, GB60

Helix SPXL1000 - (2) Audiofrog GB12D4 IB

2 hours ago, geew1z said:

Crap, so CAF is just dead and nobody knows what happened?

uhm... are you talking about this forum? i know that might sound dumb, but it sounds like what happened to the forum that you cant fine ON the forum youre posting on

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

Sorry, I meant caraudioforum.com. Thought that was what this post was about... Anywho.. just shocked that I cannot find it anymore

• HU: Pioneer AVH-Z5800BHS
  • Comp Amp: Old School Crossfire CFA402 100w x 4
  • Sub Amp: Hifonics Zeus ZX7500 500w x 2
  • Front Stage: CDT CL61a Comps
  • No rear fill
  • 12" Old Bazooka sub in sealed box (not those stupid Bazooka tubes) - might go ported with 2 of these
  • Soon to replace that/those ^ sub(s) with an SSD NEO 18 sealed for SPL without port noise :D

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this