How to upgrade sound on a 2018 Honda CR-V EX-L?

dennismv

Michigan
I am interested in upgrading sound on a 2018 Honda CR-V EX-L  I have a questions about whether to upgrade the entire system or the sub only.

• Upgrading Full System:  Given that the stock "180-Watt Audio System with 8 Speakers" (no sub) is factory-new, will upgrading the tweeters and mids be worth the sound quality and expense? (I was quoted $2600 for full-speaker + sub upgrade)
  • Adding Sub Only:  Given that the stock system is new, I could add a Sub for $500 (quoted), but leave stock speakers as stock.  Adding a sub means having a different amplifier installed, compared to if I upgrade the entire system, so I can't for example upgrade the sub only first, and later decide to upgrade the speakers. 
Alas, as far as HU, it seems the head unit on the CR-V will have to remain stock, as there are no aftermarket head units that I've come across.

Given that info, is it worth upgrading the sub only?  Is there an option I didn't consider?  My goal is good sound + good healthy bass to rattle my music-loving bod.

If you want some extra bass then yes it is worth adding a sub. Upgrading the other speakers can make a huge improvement in sound if done properly. For $2600 I would hope it was done right. You can upgrade sub now and do the rest later. You will just end up with 2 amps or you can sell the mono when you upgrade and do a 5 channel.

If you want some extra bass then yes it is worth adding a sub. Upgrading the other speakers can make a huge improvement in sound if done properly. For $2600 I would hope it was done right. You can upgrade sub now and do the rest later. You will just end up with 2 amps or you can sell the mono when you upgrade and do a 5 channel.
this

smakk.png

Thanks I think I will go for just upgrading the entire system.  I was given two options

• package with Kicker 12" Q-Class 42CWQ122 for about $2600 (+speakers, etc)
  • package with Alpine 12" Sub with an Alpine 250 for about $1400 (+speakers, etc)
The price difference is fairly large.  Is going with Kicker worth it?  Do I need that much bass on a crossover vehicle?  I mean I want to get as much bass as I can for a decent price.  The place I got quotes from is known to be a bit on the expensive side.

And yes I'd hope that would be done right for $2600 but I think there are better deals available out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.